Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger last week and ordered a set of 265/50/19 110V XL rated tires for our 2011 VR6 Lux, bought 5 years ago CPO with 43K and had a brand new set of Michelin Latitude Tour HP at that point.

The car is now at 120K, I run dedicated winter rims/tires, and tires that came with the car were down to between 3/32" and 4/32" so it was replacement time and what to replace the Michelin's with ?

A new set of Michelin Latitude Tour HP was going to cost ~$1,400 with mounting/balancing plus old tire disposal and the service writer I have worked with at VW Dealer for a long time suggested I consider the Toyo Open Country Q/T tires which would run me about $950 out the door. He said they put these on almost all the Touareg's that need tires and have had zero complaints.

Toyo's were installed yesterday and the vehicle rides smooth and quiet just like the day we picked up 5 years ago. Driving on the highway home after picking Touareg up it now soaks the expansion cracks up and tracks really straight, suspension is absorbing the bumps like a new car.

There are a lot of good choices for tires, for me the Toyo seems to be a nice way to save some $$$$ and has improved the ride quality of our Touareg.

It is also nice they are made in the USA.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had some 31x10.5 r15 Open Country M/Ts on my mitsubishi shogun and they were flipping amazing! That thing never got stuck!!! I also use Toyo Proxes on my RX8.

Definitely rate Toyo as a tyre choice. Sadly over here in the UK they are a little pricey.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts