Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

I started a thread not too long ago regarding my consideration of mounting up this tire in a 265/70 - I opted to stick with the stock width to prevent any rubbing. Nothing too crazy here but a nice upgrade that will suit my mountain, snow and trail driving well.

Here are some pictures to get an idea of what this set up looks like. Again, 2007 V6 steel suspension.

Let me know if you have any questions or any other picture requests!

Attachments

· Registered
176 Posts
Looks great, John. I just mounted 265/65/17 A/T IIs, and love them. Great tire so far, in my eyes. Much beefier tire than stock, great off the beaten path, not too much road noise from them, and they look bad ass.

What do you think of them thus far?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far I've got a couple hundred miles on them of mixed city/highway driving and everything is great! SWS is gone from the old tires, only downside is that the MPG will be taking a small hit, but that is expected going from a ~29" OD to ~31". From regular driving I can tell the VR6 is working a bit harder.

For the record, I went with the recommendation to stick with a Passenger tire over a Light Truck tire. This was suggested basically for the difference in comfort. I will be towing occasionally but nothing major. With the amount that I drive on I-70 to and from the mountains, gravel farm roads and variable snow conditions, only time will tell. The tires have a long 65k mile warranty and I will stick with the proper 5k rotation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.