Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Milenco gets recommended quite a few times on here and elsewhere.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have used Milenco Aero for 4 years now and they do a good job. Not as good as your stand mirrors but they make you legal and i have not lost one and they don't mark the car a good plus for them is you can buy parts if needed not that i have had too.
Cheers Brent

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,606 Posts
I've been using Milenco Grand Aero now for 4yrs. Great piece of kit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
+1 For the Milenco.

Awesome piece of kit. Do a search on Milenco and you'll find other threads including some tweaks for mounting on the mirrors securely with rubber pieces to help provide a perfectly level surface for the clamps.

Cheers

Andrew

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have a pair of Milenco's which worked well my Nissan Patrol. I've tried sizing them up against the Touareg and the clamps come into contact with the mirror glass and I'm also worried that if I over-tighten them I'll damage the plastic mirror surround.
Has anybody had any issues with this style of mirror causing damage?

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,606 Posts
I have the Milenco Grand Aero mirrors. No issues with the clamps touching the mirror glass. We do place some 'anti-slip' material (you may use this in the drawers of your caravan, to stop glasses etc from moving around) between the pads of the clamps and the mirror housing, just to give the mirror housing some protection from the pads (it probably doesn't make much difference TBH).

I also tether the mirror arms with stretchy straps to an anchoring point under the bonnet. This prevents blow-back by passing road trains, and reduces some of the vibration you may experience with the mirrors.

Reactions: Patr80l

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
i have a set of them to and have no issue but i do like Steve's idea of the no slip cloth and will start using too
Cheers Brent

·
Registered
2015 (2016 MY) Touareg SE 3.0 V6 TDi 262PS
1,196 Posts
I have a pair of Milenco's which worked well my Nissan Patrol. I've tried sizing them up against the Touareg and the clamps come into contact with the mirror glass and I'm also worried that if I over-tighten them I'll damage the plastic mirror surround.
Has anybody had any issues with this style of mirror causing damage?
I fit, and originally positioned, the Grand Aero with the door mirrors folded - that way I know they'll fold back in without hitting/touching the window glass. Mine are very tight but no sign of damage to the plastic. I have found that with a 2.3m wide caravan (7'6" wide travel trailer) that the passenger mirror needs the extended arm rather than the standard arm - with even wider caravans (travel trailers) both sides would need the extended arms - I don't know which arm comes as standard in specific markets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts