Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Paul

I hope that anyone who tows takes a look at this. It demonstrates very well what happens when tow ball load is compensated by adding tail load.

I acknowledge that in the demo the trailer wheels are centrally placed and that the effect becomes less sensitive as the trailer wheels are pushed back, none the less it happens.

Tow safe.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul

I hope that anyone who tows takes a look at this. It demonstrates very well what happens when tow ball load is compensated by adding tail load.

I acknowledge that in the demo the trailer wheels are centrally placed and that the effect becomes less sensitive as the trailer wheels are pushed back, none the less it happens.

Tow safe.
I can confirm Ewie how realistic this is. Did it as a young guy when I loaded a few long lengths of timber out the back and off to one side of a small box trailer being towed by a V8 Commodore. Couldn't have imagined so little weight and such a small trailer could do what it did (just like the video). The end result was no damage, no one hurt - but very scary and a great life lesson. Cheers Paul.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts