Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
How big are you towing and do you need full on tow mirrors? I tow a good size utility trailer and found that the cheap and simple blind spot mirrors like these work just fine for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tow a pontoon boat and use Fit System 3891 clip on Trailer towing mirrors.
They were a bit fussy to attach, but the don't vibrate at all and provide a great view around my boat.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Milenco are very good and if you mount on the bottom of 2011 onwards, there is a little ridge that protrudes from the mirror

Milenco actually have a different rubber foot that is in the shape of a “V” and thus when fitted they tighten up on the protrusion to be a 100% lock and impossible to pull of with wind buffeting etc.

Just google Milenco V Mirror pads

·
Registered
2011 V6 TDI
351 Posts
Milenco are very good and if you mount on the bottom of 2011 onwards, there is a little ridge that protrudes from the mirror

Milenco actually have a different rubber foot that is in the shape of a “V” and thus when fitted they tighten up on the protrusion to be a 100% lock and impossible to pull of with wind buffeting etc.

Just google Milenco V Mirror pads
Hi Fred,
On my 2011 V6TDI I don't seem to have a ridge or groove along the bottom edge of the mirror. Maybe the later models are different?

·
Registered
134 Posts
C4ar
I thought it changed in 2011 as I know my 2010 model did not have it at the bottom but 2012 ?!? From memory but 2015 definitely does.
Does the 2011 have it on top instead?

·
Registered
2011 V6 TDI
351 Posts
Does the 2011 have it on top instead?
Yes Fred, there is a groove on the top similar to that on the side in the photo.
I've been using the Milencos for several years and have lost one. I now use a safety strap and make sure I keep them fastened tightly. They tend to loosen after a few hundred Kms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts