Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I designed this for Cayenne but it will fit all Touareg models as well. It can be an alternative for those who do not have trailer hitch installed and those to find mounting bikes on the roof rack too cumbersome.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Maybe there's a market for these. This makes more sense to me than using the trailer hitch.

Bow Down

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks VTouareg. will pass on pics to Daughter. (To far to post one to us if you sell one.)
FSJ Guy, it does not look to hard to unscrew at the end of the day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks VTouareg. will pass on pics to Daughter. (To far to post one to us if you sell one.)
FSJ Guy, it does not look to hard to unscrew at the end of the day.
It may take some time to unscrew, but not more than a rack mounted on the roof. It is not designed to compete with a tow hitch of course, although some people may find it easier than installing it [tow hitch] and never use it to full capacity. I am also designing a new rack that will allow to swing or move the bikes to have access to the door.

·
Registered
67 Posts
that thing is beautiful, i wonder how much weight it could take as it could be a more stable dirt bike carrier than hitch mounted ones that rock all over the place.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Really nice work!

I've been looking into building a swing-out rear tire carrier using the tow points, but my lathe doesn't cut left -hand threads and I can't find anywhere to buy steel bits with the right thread that will work. Maybe I should get off my ass and finally add an idler gear to my lathe.......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that thing is beautiful, i wonder how much weight it could take as it could be a more stable dirt bike carrier than hitch mounted ones that rock all over the place.
Other people asked me about it, I designed the base having 2 bikes in mind with total weight up to 100 lbs. With 150 would have to test it. How heavy is your dirt bike?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Really nice work!

I've been looking into building a swing-out rear tire carrier using the tow points, but my lathe doesn't cut left -hand threads and I can't find anywhere to buy steel bits with the right thread that will work. Maybe I should get off my ass and finally add an idler gear to my lathe.......
I probably can build one) How much do you think people can fork out for this device?
I am working on swing/tilt bike carriers now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Really nice work!

Could you butcher a 'Turn Buckle' for its LH threads?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts