Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just got a 2013 V6 Lux and love it. The dealer told me, however, the tow package included "a standard" connection. I guess it was a standard 7 blade connector, but I need 4-plug flat connector for my utility trailer.

I purchased an aftermarket adapter but it wouldn't fit. Then purchased an aftermarket (Hopkins) 7-blade connector that fits their adapter. The problem is I stupidly disconnected the VW connector and did not mark the wires.

Does anyone have a diagram that shows what color wires are the left turn, right turn, taillight and brakes? I would appreciate any help!
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,685 Posts
Did you just unplug the 7 pin receptacle or did you cut the wires? Not sure I am understanding what you disconnected. You should have only had to buy a 7 to 4 adapter for the factory one to run your utility trailer. Not a whole new plug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, we cut the wires. The VW plug was a female receptacle and the adapter was also female. Our thought was to just replace the VW 7-blade receptacle with the Hopkins male receptacle and plug in the adapter. If someone just had a photo of the VW 7-plug with the wires going in the back side, that would help.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,685 Posts
Yeah, you never should have cut that since you only had to get a 7 to 4 pin adapter. You would have been set. Was nothing unique about the VW plug and probably said Hopkin on it somewhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check in the "offroad and tow " section of the form . They have many threads on this topic including a wiring diagram .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts