Club Touareg Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2021 V8 TDi Wolfsburg
68 Posts
How has the tow module gone any luck.
It was a false alarm. Apparently the 2021 Tiguan's have the same tow module problem and it was those that had arrived and not the Touareg's. However, the dealer has again contacted me to say the Touareg module has arrived in Sydney and is being sent out to all the dealers who have buyers like me waiting for the tow module that works. The dealer won't book me in until the module is in their hands. So tentatively, the second week of August could be the fitting date. In the mean time, I am loving the V8 MY21, but badly need the cruise control (one of the problems the towpack creates by disabling it). I am finding it so hard to keep the speed down. :)

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
5,795 Posts
yes, towbar and module is ready to be fitted, but given the sydney lockdown it will have to wait.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It was a false alarm. Apparently the 2021 Tiguan's have the same tow module problem and it was those that had arrived and not the Touareg's. However, the dealer has again contacted me to say the Touareg module has arrived in Sydney and is being sent out to all the dealers who have buyers like me waiting for the tow module that works. The dealer won't book me in until the module is in their hands. So tentatively, the second week of August could be the fitting date. In the mean time, I am loving the V8 MY21, but badly need the cruise control (one of the problems the towpack creates by disabling it). I am finding it so hard to keep the speed down. :)
I don’t use cruise control. I find that the speed limiter is great for keeping my speed legal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this post is old - but did you get your module installed? I'm finding it difficult to get the towbar installed in Melbourne. Have been asking the dealers since our V8 MY21 Wolfsburg arrived in June.

·
Learner
5,795 Posts
No towbars, actually it's the module, available for the my 21 given the global issue, few of us were lucky to get it.

You can have the Towbar installed but will have to wait for the module which does so much to control all the electronics..
Reach out to [email protected] and get the news from the horses....

·
Registered
3 Posts
No towbars, actually it's the module, available for the my 21 given the global issue, few of us were lucky to get it.

You can have the Towbar installed but will have to wait for the module which does so much to control all the electronics..
Reach out to [email protected] and get the news from the horses....
thanks for the response. I'm disappointed that I haven't been able to do much driving because we've been in lockdown most of the time. Looking forward to hopefully being able to drive more soon.

I actually phoned a dealer in Melbourne & they advised that there's not even a towbar on the parts list - only bike racks???

Anyway have managed to speak with our usual VW dealer who we usually purchase from (Polo & Golf) & they have advised they can get the module but we have to pay upfront as VW need evidence it's going to a customer & not being stock piled.

·
Learner
5,795 Posts
thanks for the response. I'm disappointed that I haven't been able to do much driving because we've been in lockdown most of the time. Looking forward to hopefully being able to drive more soon.

I actually phoned a dealer in Melbourne & they advised that there's not even a towbar on the parts list - only bike racks???

Anyway have managed to speak with our usual VW dealer who we usually purchase from (Polo & Golf) & they have advised they can get the module but we have to pay upfront as VW need evidence it's going to a customer & not being stock piled.
Ask them when will you get it

·
Registered
MY16 R-Line V8 Black (7P) + MY21 R-Line V8 Black (CR)
102 Posts
I know this post is old - but did you get your module installed? I'm finding it difficult to get the towbar installed in Melbourne. Have been asking the dealers since our V8 MY21 Wolfsburg arrived in June.
I waited from April until October, there were a few in Stock in Sydney when was dispatched to my Dealer Workshop. Said to be 3-3.5 hours - it took them 5.5 and then I have to go back for remedial work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I waited from April until October, there were a few in Stock in Sydney when was dispatched to my Dealer Workshop. Said to be 3-3.5 hours - it took them 5.5 and then I have to go back for remedial work.
I know - we have been waiting since we received our car & of course they don't contact you when it becomes available - we've been having to do the chasing. The dealer workshop said it should take a day for the parts to come in & then need to book the car in.

It's such a change from the service I received from RangeRover - considering the car is at a very similar price point VW haven't wowed me. When I bought my RR I received a complimentary 4wd course where they explained how to use the car in different scenarios - was a fun day out for the family.

Anyway hopefully we can start towing soon.

·
Learner
5,795 Posts
This is unfortunate, it's a global issue with semiconductors, exacerbated by covid supply chain issues...those in the industry will know, not to mention the cost of shipping given all that...
Many manufacturers have removed certain options as a result, the chips aren't available....

61 - 71 of 71 Posts