Registered
2021 Wolfsburg V82008 TDI V6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hi

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

My Wolfsburg arrived last Thursday and my first thoughts are;
very quite
smooth - better than r-line V6 I test drove.
goes like the * when you stick the boot in!

so many things to learn on how to use it.

Have not decided who I will use for the towbar instillation.
Also I'm on the look out for a spare 21in wheel, if any one has one (for CR) they want to sell please contact me.

Bruce

·
Registered
2021 V8 TDi Wolfsburg
54 Posts
Hi

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

My Wolfsburg arrived last Thursday and my first thoughts are;
very quite
smooth - better than r-line V6 I test drove.
goes like the * when you stick the boot in!

so many things to learn on how to use it.

Have not decided who I will use for the towbar instillation.
Also I'm on the look out for a spare 21in wheel, if any one has one (for CR) they want to sell please contact me.

Bruce
We just bought the same car. White Wolfsburg MY21 V8. Best car I have ever driven. Fantastic engineering. However, the VW fitted towbar via the dealer has done the usual in throwing errors so that we can't use ACC cruise control and related functions. New electronics module en route apparently from Germany to fix the problem. Am really puzzled how such a brilliant car that has had so much thought and time put into it, can't fix an electronic incompatibility with the towbar that has been around for years. Our 2017 Adventure had the same initial problem when we bought it new (all good now though).

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yes Agronomy, you are quire right to think like this. Why can't one order the car from factory with tow bar fitted, coded and ready to go - meeting the factory quality standards? In addition, where the car is assembled in a clinical factory environment, quite often the Australian VW dealership outsources the fitting job to a local tow bar shop. Often the personnel in the tow bar shop are not aligned to the quality control standards as expected ex-factory and the odd mark here or there on the car with removal of the rear plastic cover and refitting and poor quality cable installation is common place. Let alone the coding - many on the forum here have driven off experiencing the same issues with other things not working following a local tow bar fitting.

Tell more about the Wollfsburg though please.

Reactions: agronomy

·
Registered
2021 V8 TDi Wolfsburg
54 Posts
Yes Agronomy, you are quire right to think like this. Why can't one order the car from factory with tow bar fitted, coded and ready to go - meeting the factory quality standards? In addition, where the car is assembled in a clinical factory environment, quite often the Australian VW dealership outsources the fitting job to a local tow bar shop. Often the personnel in the tow bar shop are not aligned to the quality control standards as expected ex-factory and the odd mark here or there on the car with removal of the rear plastic cover and refitting and poor quality cable installation is common place. Let alone the coding - many on the forum here have driven off experiencing the same issues with other things not working following a local tow bar fitting.

Tell more about the Wollfsburg though please.
It's early days to give a detailed report on the MY21 V8 Touareg Wolfsburg. As mentioned earlier, it is the best car I've ever driven or been in. Such brilliant engineering, so quiet, so powerful yet you can drive it sublimely so that no one can hear or know the lion that is waiting to be set free. Ignoring the unbelievable problems that still exist with fitting a towbar kit to the car (sigh), everything about the car is better than my much loved V6 Adventure MY17. That car has been superb and runs better than ever. Purrs. Smooth. Reliable. Brilliant. However, my new addition has everything at another level of superbness. Even the radio reception is a quantum leap better. It will take me ages to get to know it and set it up to suit my wife and I to the level that it does allow anyone to do so. It oozes refinement. So quiet, smoothe and powerful. I cannot wait to take our caravan for a trip with the car at the helm. I reckon it wouldn't even take a bigger breathe. I do think this V8 MY21 will be a legend and we'll be screaming at VW to restart the production line. If you get a chance to drive someones, do so. I'll do a more detailed review in a month or three when I know this car more fully. Easily the best car VW have ever made. It is its flagship model. Unbelievable they are not making them with this engine anymore. So sad.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,387 Posts
Congratulations @agronomy

We should look at organising another get together soon.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts