Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this today with no warranty, supposedly suspension fault but after driving home has no turbo (no eml light) ABS + ESP light on + running gear workshop. New to the wonderful world of VW & Touareg, are these all related or where do I start. Based near Louth Lincolnshire if anyone can help. Also has a removeable towbar fitted but the towball bit is missing, can I buy from VW or is it likely to be aftermarket.

Thanks in advance
Clark

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Are you down on one turbo or both?

If either of turbos are duff it is an engine out job which VW times at 30 hours for remove and refit. It can be done faster but you will need to find a good independent and they are as rare as hens' teeth.

You would replace both turbos, which can be rebuilt, and other bits and pieces at the same time.

With no warranty, I hope you have every deep pockets.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I think Witter made the towbars.

Stay away from VW dealers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick reply, already tried dealers and was frightened off with £72 + vat to have a look at it. Also have have brake assist workshop which I'd missed before and was wondering if it could be electrical and all related? Been to towbar fitters today and he said its a Westfalia though he seemed happier trying to sell me a new towbar fitted than trying to order a replacement part so I left that one for now.
For now I'm going to have to find someone local with a vagcom to read faults before I can go any further.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Sounds like limp mode to me. If you intend to keep the car and have mech skills you need to buy vcds right away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts