Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something strange happened today, while on speed the car flashed the glow plug light and a message saying not to exceed 2500 rev!! I suddenly stopped the car but it wont start again.
What could be the problem??

·
Banned
R5 (2008)
1,159 Posts
This is called a limp (home) mode. The ECU goes into this when it detects a severe error in the working of the engine, which is however not considered critical. The idea behind limp mode is to limit power output of the engine (hence the 2500 rev limit) in order to avoid damage being done to the latter, but still allow the driver and the car to "limp" home with the car, without needing a tow.

You need to read the fault codes to figure out what was actually causing the limp mode to be engaged. Most of the time it's usually a turbo boost issue, but it could be also something else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is called a limp (home) mode. The ECU goes into this when it detects a severe error in the working of the engine, which is however not considered critical. The idea behind limp mode is to limit power output of the engine (hence the 2500 rev limit) in order to avoid damage being done to the latter, but still allow the driver and the car to "limp" home with the car, without needing a tow.

You need to read the fault codes to figure out what was actually causing the limp mode to be engaged. Most of the time it's usually a turbo boost issue, but it could be also something else.
Thanks alot this seems helpfull. I have towed the car but waiting for tomorrow to see what my mechanic says

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
You have to run a vag scan - could be a million things though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts