Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in hurry parking earlier this month and put some curb rash on the right front wheel of my touareg. It was bugging me enough where i decided to replace the wheel. I did some searching on the internet and found a wheel repair company by the name of Wheel Technologies in Dallas, Texas. I found nothing but favorable comments about the company and they had an excellent record with Better Business Bureau.

I called them and they had refurbished 18" VW Manhattan wheels in stock. These are the wheels which come standard on V8. I ordered one and received it one week later. The wheel looked brand new and i could not tell the difference between my wheels and the refurbished one.

I paid $200.00 for refurbished one, then sent my damaged wheel back to the company and they credited me back $75.00 . So the cost of the refurbished wheel was $125.00 plus $16.00 it cost me to send the damaged wheel back.

If you would rather just send in your original wheel for a repair, they will repair it and send it back for $125.00.

Link

http://www.wheeltechnologies.com/

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From looking at their website, depending on the amount of damage to the wheel, it appears they repair the wheel, then repaint the wheel to match your OEM wheels, then apply clear coat. You cannot tell the difference between the repaired wheels and your original wheels.

You can look at the repair process by clicking on the link in my first post, go to wheel repair, then click on the tour for the repair process. They have very detailed photos showing the repair process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.