Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I got an 2007 Touareg (7L) with 3.0 V6 (BKS) engine. I have had some trouble with my air suspension for some time and finaly tried to fix it. The first i notice was that the compressor had burned cables (+ and - in).

It was clear that the compressor has been going hot over time so it was kind of toasted. However when I installed a new compessor the problems with my suspension was not fixed. The problem is that when I try to calibrate and inflate, the compressor starts and tries it best. The problem is that it seems like the pressure does not go where it should, and it goes very slowly.

So when the compressor get a bit of pressure the air flows out of the bend where the brown line goes (witch goes directly to the front right seat for inflate tires). I did not know this was a overpressure-bend, or is it?

When I again disamble the compressor and loosen the pipes from the valve block it seems like there is only pressure from LF port (left front) or RES (accumulator).

Does this mean valve-block is broken (valves does not open)? or could it be somthing else?

This is the bend where air blows out between plastic and metal. See the symbol. Not sure if this bend should be acting like this, but I think its safty for overpressure.

Thanks for feedback :)

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I think that that is a known failure part. Should be replaced with a stainless steel one. I have one in my emergency kit. Bought it for 10$ on aliexpress just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
This is the link.

US $10.83 31% Off | New Air Valve Air Compressor Valve For VW Touareg Porsche Cayenne Old Model 95535890105 7L0616007D 7L0616006 95535890104

As for the compressor getting hot this is most likely due to a failing relay. That is also a known issue. Get the new updated relay from vw. Here is a link on how to replace it. Easy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This is the link.

US $10.83 31% Off | New Air Valve Air Compressor Valve For VW Touareg Porsche Cayenne Old Model 95535890105 7L0616007D 7L0616006 95535890104

As for the compressor getting hot this is most likely due to a failing relay. That is also a known issue. Get the new updated relay from vw. Here is a link on how to replace it. Easy.

When I changed the compressor I also changed the D3 relay. How can the bend be broken when it's brand new? Or shoud it never go air out there due to pressure? :)

Should this bend never be letting pressure out at any time? If that is the case, how does the compressor handle overpressure (safty-pressure)?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so the new compressor came with a new valve, missed that.
No idea how the overpressure is managed but you might take a look at the air suspension ssp for the treg and for the phaeton. More info in the pheaton ssp.

I will see if I can find more info in elsawin.

Thanks mate :)

Since the bend are named "valve" it has to be more then just a connection perhaps :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts