Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 v6 Tdi. Recently I had the gearbox oil replaced and at the same time new turbo fitted. Quite a reputable repair shop. Since the gearbox oil change it feels when the vehicle is cold sometimes, as if there is a clutch shudder for a second or two. Not sure if it could be wrong oil, setting on software or something else thats going wrong. Any advise??

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have a 2011 v6 Tdi. Recently I had the gearbox oil replaced and at the same time new turbo fitted. Quite a reputable repair shop. Since the gearbox oil change it feels when the vehicle is cold sometimes, as if there is a clutch shudder for a second or two. Not sure if it could be wrong oil, setting on software or something else thats going wrong. Any advise??

Mileage? Presumably it wasnt playing up before the ATF change. The level is fairly critical and is reliant on a correct fluid level checked at a specific temparature monitored in VCDS or similar system. I changed mine DIY without issue and it is a straight forward job. The correct fluid is also important. Check they haven`t used a ZF oil as some garages think the Touareg 7p has a ZF box!!

Keep us posted!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mileage? Presumably it wasnt playing up before the ATF change. The level is fairly critical and is reliant on a correct fluid level checked at a specific temparature monitored in VCDS or similar system. I changed mine DIY without issue and it is a straight forward job. The correct fluid is also important. Check they haven`t used a ZF oil as some garages think the Touareg 7p has a ZF box!!

Keep us posted!!
Thanks for the reply so far. 285000km.
No problems before oil change. They said the oil that came out was very dirty.

·
Registered
281 Posts

It has been said that if a high mileage auto box has never been serviced when new fluid is added it can cause problems. How true it is I do not know.

Did you see the how dirty the old internal filter & the pan magnets were? That is a giveaway to internal health.

On mine at 60k the filter was as clean as the new one and the magnets had only a small amount of residue which is normal.

Do you know if it was a flush or a drain?

Draining without a pan drop removes around 2 litres & with a pan drop around 6 litres. The complete system is around 12 litres iirc so draining removes 50%. I ran mine for 100 miles then ddrained it again which in theory removes 80% of the old.

Do you know how thorough the mechanic was with yours? What fluid was used? imho if problems persist then drain it again.

·
Registered
2012 R-Line 245
2 Posts

Like capese21 mentioned it may be that the old dirty transmission fluid was actually preventing slippage due to higher friction, and changing it out with clean fluid (especially in the case of a flush) introduced the problem.

Here is a video going into more detail

1 - 5 of 5 Posts