Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2003 touareg 3.2 v6 i came home a few days ago car was absolutly fine. Turned it of went inside for 2 hours n wen i tried starting the car again nothing. No lights in odometer. stereo n interior lights all work. Tried jump starting nothing tried disconnecting battery still nothing. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
18 Posts
Let us know how you go, I had exactly the same symptoms with mine but I was driving at the time and it just stopped on me, it turned out to be a fuse, I hope it's the same for you.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
There is a master circuit breaker on the fuse board beside the battery under the left hand front seat (passenger for us). This may have tripped, if it has then the only thing that will be live is the Airbag System and other safety items. Most other things will be dead.

You will need a "Triple Square" socket to undo the bolts at the front. Remove the plastic covers from the rear of the seat rails before lifting the seat which is hinged at the rear. No need to undo rear bolts.

Let us know how you go. Easy to check with a Multi Meter.. I will find you a picture so you know what you are looking for.

The breaker is the black box with the yellow button in the lower left of this picture. Not a very good image but it will work... They can be slightly different shapes in different years. But its location will not change. Test for continuity from one side to the other. The button (yellow) is the reset button. This should resolve the issue if this is tripped.

Stuart...

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your reply i have already pushed the reset button had aa over hu also did same tried exactly what i did, jump leads, disconnecting battery touching cables together nothing. Now tomaro ill have yo just take it to a electrician. Iv also got the parts n labour cover so hopefully it will be covered. Will keep you uptodate

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi i have a 2003 touareg 3.2 v6 i came home a few days ago car was absolutly fine. Turned it of went inside for 2 hours n wen i tried starting the car again nothing. No lights in odometer. stereo n interior lights all work. Tried jump starting nothing tried disconnecting battery still nothing. Any help would be appreciated
Entry and start authorisation control unit
Immobiliser functions?

Most likely need a scan to find problem.

Could try locking and unlocking a couple of times: use spare key?

All windows shut and doors locked when locking?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts