Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a Touareg V10 TDi, in great working condition, excellent interior, but it does have 197K on the clock.
Looking to sell for a fair price, but the valuations are all over the place.
Any thoughts?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Need more info on configuration. Year? Air suspension?

Major maintenance items? I think that motor should have seen some timing belts, injectors, and maybe even cam shaft(s).

Use and maintenance will be key for any buyer paying a premium. They are costly beasts that aren’t a good everyday rig for typical driver. You can likely exceed blue book considerably if it has had good maintenance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need more info on configuration. Year? Air suspension?

Major maintenance items? I think that motor should have seen some timing belts, injectors, and maybe even cam shaft(s).

Use and maintenance will be key for any buyer paying a premium. They are costly beasts that aren’t a good everyday rig for typical driver. You can likely exceed blue book considerably if it has had good maintenance.

Thanks for this Checoah!
Year is 2007. Air Suspension. All the options/bells & whistles.
Has been excellently maintained, just had the injectors inspected, all good.
You're absolutely right, they're costly beasts and are not an everyday rig. I've seen a wide range of figures, from $6K to $12K so it's hard to pick the right figure, and don't want to low ball myself, or price myself out of the conversation either.

·
Registered
2016 TDI Lux
584 Posts
Do a search for the recent thread about a CT member’s V10 that sold on BaT. It had fewer miles iirc and was in pretty solid condition.

Username @Liseed may be someone to hit up as he collects them. He just bought a 2008 from another user to make 3 in his stable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do a search for the recent thread about a CT member’s V10 that sold on BaT. It had fewer miles iirc and was in pretty solid condition.

Username @Liseed may be someone to hit up as he collects them. He just bought a 2008 from another user to make 3 in his stable.
Cheers Denker, this is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Cheers Denker, this is very much appreciated.
Honestly I think you should try listing it on Cars and Bids, rare SUV's are going for crazy high sale prices lately. And I think they along with Doug would be a huge help with helping you figure out the list price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly I think you should try listing it on Cars and Bids, rare SUV's are going for crazy high sale prices lately. And I think they along with Doug would be a huge help with helping you figure out the list price.
Cheers James B. Very much appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh. I thought it was similar to the pump duse I had?

I don’t know the motor, I think OP got my point.

·
Registered
2006 V10 TDI
64 Posts
Oh. I thought it was similar to the pump duse I had?

I don’t know the motor, I think OP got my point.

The V10 TDI is quite an exotic beast. Timing and accessories are entirely gear driven, no belts or chains.

The cams, on the other hand...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts