Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi all, Not so difficult remove V10 engine if you need to do that. Few pictures. Work take less than 5 hours.
OK, is it possible to write up step by step instructions for people like me, who are willing to take the plunge but are skittish?.

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
849 Posts
It’s not hard! just look at it and remove/disconnect the attached hoses and connectors. then Disconnect the parts that are bolted in... Many fools here With no experience have posted ridiculous numbers on time and money to drop a engine that some think are true.

If you feel like you have the ability to pull a dashboard I would guess if you have a lift you could drop the engine.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah the lift part is the problem for me, I don't have access to one. I remember a member of the forum removing his V10 through the front of his car. Would be interesting to know how he did it exactly...

·
Registered
366 Posts
One thing that i have question about
- Do we need to refill the tranny fluid after removing the engine, considering we will be disconnecting the tranny cooling pipes?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Unless you have renewed the fluids recently I'd replenish all the transmission fluids after major work like this including the transfer box and diffs.

That way the car starts ([email protected]) with a clean bill.of health.

You did well on the time.

The dealer book time for R&R is 30 hours!

The best claim I've seen over the years is 9 hours R&R.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts