Club Touareg Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read this at a few websites and I just rec'd a letter stating that VW will probably not offer a Buy back on the 3.0 liter engines, nor will the cash settlement be as good as the one offered for the 2.0 liter engines.

Has anyone else heard this?

If this is the case, I have received notice from an Attorney asking me to opt out of the VW settlement and join and separate class action suit.

Have others been contacted? And if so, how many of you are considering Opting Out?

The letter I rec'd said that VW's settlement offer will be issued on November 30th.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have read this at a few websites and I just rec'd a letter stating that VW will probably not offer a Buy back on the 3.0 liter engines, nor will the cash settlement be as good as the one offered for the 2.0 liter engines.

Has anyone else heard this?

If this is the case, I have received notice from an Attorney asking me to opt out of the VW settlement and join and separate class action suit.

Have others been contacted? And if so, how many of you are considering Opting Out?

The letter I rec'd said that VW's settlement offer will be issued on November 30th.
Sounds like a law firm trolling for clients to opt out of the ongoing class action. I doubt the EPA and FTC will let them cheapskate out of this. A few more days, and we'll know more.

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you opt out of the settlement and try to pursue a seperate case on your own, your odds of coming out ahead are somewhere between nil and zero.

The ONLY people who will benefit from that are the lawyers trolling you.

No matter how much you don't like whatever settlement they reach, keep in mind that the entire system is setup to consolidate all the lawsuits from a case like this into one case in one court room and the deck will be heavily stacked against anyone who tries to do an end around on that. Don't make a rash emotional decision and fall for a scumbag trolling lawyers sales pitch. Think about it carefully and rationally before you make a move.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Please post any dieselgate questions in the existing post

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.