Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Volkswagen usually introduces price reductions during the last year of production of a model that is going to be replaced by a new generation?

Volvo introduces what they call Volvo classic the last year of a model which includes a lot of accessories as standard at a lower price than normal. Does Volkswagen have a similar approach when it comes to keeping production high and emptying their stock with accessories the last year of a model?

I’m specifically thinking about buying a Touareg 2016/2017 (T3) model and wonder if I should wait a bit or if I shouldn’t expect any new offers from Volkswagen (considering the T-prime)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dunno about the US but here in Oz we always seems to have plate (Model year) clearance sales and demo clearance sales. I got my MY15 180 tdi with driver assist package as a demo with 3000km in January on it for $5K less than the best RRP any other dealer could do for the same car. So I basically got that option for free.
It was a September 2015 build car from memory.
I was told VW give the dealers large "incentives" to get the older demos off the lots in anticipation of the new model year cars coming by one of the dealers who couldn't match the price and that was why it was "so cheap". I assume there's something similar elsewhere.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I suspect the T-Prime is a long way from showing up in showrooms. Your best bet is probably to wait for the 2017 to be announced (in summer, fall?) then go shopping for 2016s. If the 2017 has a facelift, even better - more discounts immediately on stock of the "old" look. This assumes you want new car value, not necessarily the very latest model.

Of course your best bet is go speak to a dealer or two. They may even be keen to get you into a car now given these troubled times..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts