Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found that the stock system is actually pretty good but it needs coaxing to get more bass. I tested a few mega base tracks I grabbed from YouTube to find that the stock Dynaudio system has quite a bit of bass (though it won't rattle windows). If you use an iPhone you can apply an equalizer to your favorite music to increase the bass.

I'm hoping to soon add the sub, though the real issue seems to be that a lot of music doesn't have much bass to start with....

Hopefully I'll have more information once I find the right wires to tap into....

·
Learner
4,721 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check out your other thread that you started
https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284675

All the info re adding a sub to dynaudio, wires to tap into etc is there.
Juha and I have managed to install one and works a treat
The info is there, but it's not a very elegant solution. Strip the bundle and hack into stock wiring? It works but it is not my preferred method. That's why I like NTDI's thought process on using the MOST connector. NTDI has another thread where yrktreg posted the Dynaudio pinout.

·
Learner
4,721 Posts
Same here, thats the best and most preferred way...tapping into the comnector at the amp requires bit more work though, move the aircon unit out of the way(if you have 4zone) and reach the dynaudio amp and connectors and tap from there.

Let me know if you need any info, have all the wiring diagrams, pinouts, etc etc

Otherwise get high quality taps and go for a the wires coming out from the amp- its not a total hack of the wiring.
Either way rhe result is great- adds the missing low frequencies

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really would have liked to go with the MOST option. However I have a Dynaudio and can't see scrapping the factory amp to use one of the aftermarket MOST audio to optic (or RCA outs), then having to get an aftermarket amp (and possibly DSP). Audio Control Epicenter claims to recreate missing bass (from the front speaker amp outputs). Might be worth a look. I'm hoping to use an Infinity with DSP or Alpine MRV-M500 to run the sub from the outputs of the front speaker channels.

I think the best option would be to use taps(Posi-Products Tap-it) as mentioned. The good quality audio ones only make a pin hole in the insulation and grab voltage that way. They are a little bulky but it is what my plan is.

I'm still looking into a MOST solution, but I may be fairly happy with a sub and an Alpine amp. I will be using an Audio Control LC2i 2 Channel Line Out Converter with AccuBASS and Subwoofer control. Supposedly it has some of the features of the Audio Control Epicenter.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The info is there, but it's not a very elegant solution. Strip the bundle and hack into stock wiring? It works but it is not my preferred method. That's why I like NTDI's thought process on using the MOST connector. NTDI has another thread where yrktreg posted the Dynaudio pinout.
I used a high quality high level controller: HLC4.2 - High level converter

The connections to the original wires were made carefully, and once I reinstalled all the panels, you don't even think anymore, where the signal is coming from... I would say this was the easiest way to get a sub signal, so why not.

And as my friend Singh said, we are here to help in every step on the way 0:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts