Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This issue has been happening for a few months now and is driving me insane! Mechanic can't seem to diagnose. After getting gas (regardless of type or amount) when I go to start the engine, it won't fire up unless I put her in neutral, hold down on the break and press all the way down on the gas pedal. The check engine light is on and diagnostic test showed that bank 1 and bank 2 O2 sensors were bad. The Touareg then failed emissions for the bank 2 sensor only, passed all other tests. Are all these issues related and what is causing this? The diagnostic only popped 2 codes, the above mentioned.

Thanks for any help you can give!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check fault codes relating to vacuum leak. There is a electrical vacuum pump, and a bunch of plastic piping that can crack at the joints and leak from the pump to the intake, to the power brake booster. You can find the leaks and replace piping or wrap with electrical tape and cover that with duct tape.

Jeff

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jeff! The fault code is 0491, but I'm not sure the specifics of that code. Where is the piping your speaking of located? Is it by the fuel pumps under the passenger seat?

·
Registered
27 Posts
The vacuum piping is under hood on passenger side upper fender well. its about 1/2" dia and goes from the front vacuum pump and tees to intake manifold, and goes into the plenum above the fire wall. There are other smaller vacuum lines that control evap, and also intake runner flap/solenoid.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
AshleighJ
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing