Club Touareg Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Hey,

I gotta tell you that I have only had one wave returned to me, period.
Generally I get stares that seem to say, "Who the H**L are you!"
I live in CT, black V10 fully loaded, 2007. Oh yeah and I'm biracial.
Not that, that should have any influence. I have a vanity tag as well.

Wave back, its not hard!!! I love my car, and I do think the Touareg is a
special driving experience!!
My partner and I live in washington state , we are getting a v8 on Sunday and turning it into our overland expedition weekend fighter. BTW, we are in a interracial partnership

· Registered
2014 VR6 Exec
343 Posts
Came out from shopping today to find an almost twin (on the right) parked nearby.

I didn't like it as much though, and I didn't realize why until just now. I had noticed the wheels were different, but it's the extra chrome wrapping around the back that I'm not keen on.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
10 Posts
I thought this post needed a bump, forgive me.
I live in Bennington VT and commute north to Arlington Vt.
I see about one Touareg every 8-10 days on my 15 mile mostly highway commute to work.
I'm usually driving my 2014 Eos so they don't pay much attention to me but I pay attention to any Touareg I see.
I see lots of Jettas, Passats, Tigs, th new Atlas, and a Cayenne or 2.
Also, I keep seeing an Alpha Romeo SUV on my commute.

Bye for now
GH

· Registered
2014 VR6 Exec
343 Posts
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light

Anyone from here the owner? Seen at the LS High School graduation yesterday. Jealous of how shiny it is, lol, considering the current pollen-ocalypse, I can't keep my black beauty from turning green.

· Registered
2016 Touareg TDI Executive white/terracotta
591 Posts
I live in Mt Airy in Philly but am very mobile and can be spotted on 295, 95, etc in Jersey and around Philly. If anyone sees a white 2016 TDI Exec on 21” Mallories, it’s a good chance that’s me! Lol

· Registered
591 Posts
Hey, I lived in Mt Airy back in the 19--'s. Never saw a single Treg. Have only seen 3 in Phoenix, but there are days I see 3 Atlas' (or is it Atli??). I'll try to get pics.
I actually have a neighbor with the same car lol, white T4 Treg TDI.

You see more of them on the road now than before due to all the TDIs being released in the last year or 2, and they're prices people are actually willing to pay for a VW now.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,896 Posts
While driving to work I saw a silver SUV with an electric bicycle mounted on the back of it. It was an orange bike with big fat tires that had matching orange rims. I was so busy looking at the bike as I passed the SUV I didn't notice.
As I got past the SUV I looked back in my rear view mirror to see what looked like the front of my Treg looking back at me. I almost smacked myself when I realized I just passed a T3 Touareg in the same color as mine.
Unfortunately I was on my way to work and going too fast past the twin on the highway to slow down and see who was driving and give a wave.
Was on RT. 17 eastbound in Binghamton, N.Y. at ~ 1:45pm.
The date was approx. a week or so ago from today.

· Registered
591 Posts
This forum as a whole is so dead and so global I would be genuinely surprised if, at this point in time, anyone would ever make a connection on this thread.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,896 Posts
This forum as a whole is so dead and so global I would be genuinely surprised if, at this point in time, anyone would ever make a connection on this thread.
As far as meet ups I see people trying to set them up on here, but not too often. I don't think this forum is dead as far as being able to find repair info. There are a few dynamics that kind of ruin the experience for others but overall I think this forum is still alive and helpful
I don't see too many Tregs by me but when I do I always ask myself.... I wonder if they're a member of ClubTouareg.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts