Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Small World. I commute by train in the evenings & this guy gets on & off at the same stops. I see he drives a Passat. I usually get picked up in the Golf, so I intro'd myself & said 'hey, I got a Touareg as well' & he says 'So do I (06 Petrol V6).
Lives about 4 streets away.... Small world.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Visiting Manly in NSW Australia in November I was amazed at how many Tregs and Peppers I saw. In the few days there i think there were 5 or 6 including another blue R50 and 3 or 4 Peppers. The R50 was in Darley Rd near The Corso. Was it anyone on the forum? John

·
Registered
718 Posts
White V10 (T1) heading west on Ipswich Road (Brisbane) yesterday. Anyone we know?

·
Registered
718 Posts
White V6TDI (without the rear badge?) and with 22" black Audi rims seen at Bridgestone in Sumner Park on Wednesday. Anyone know this one? How about the V10 from my last post above - No one knows this one?
Dubby

·
Registered
399 Posts
On my morning commute in Miami a rare sight: a T3 TDI (grey) that I passed, and then got behind me and followed me for a bit, plus a T2 gasser (black) in the adjacent lane next to me. We had a virtual convoy going. I will not see 3 TRegs on the road in such close proximity in my geography ever again.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Hey,

I gotta tell you that I have only had one wave returned to me, period.
Generally I get stares that seem to say, "Who the H**L are you!"
I live in CT, black V10 fully loaded, 2007. Oh yeah and I'm biracial.
Not that, that should have any influence. I have a vanity tag as well.

Wave back, its not hard!!! I love my car, and I do think the Touareg is a
special driving experience!!
Unless there is another in Westport, I've seen you driving through town a couple of times, but never while driving mine. I'm standing on the sidewalk druling to weak to waive ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's always a little excitement that runs through the body when one Touareg owner spots another Touareg on the road.

Some people bob and weave to catch up and say hi.
Others wave.
And some drivers (as we all know) are oblivious to just about everything going on.

Let's see if we can't unite more Touareg owners.

When you spot a Touareg on the road, create a new topic here.

The subject should include: Color, City/State, and Approx Time

The body should have a more detailed description of your Touareg sighting.

Enjoy!
Unusual sighting.....2 dark blue TG's in same parking lot, Brighton Mi 1-15-13. Mine and second one. bothh w/brown int. Mine is a 2012, second one same style, yr unknown. Did not check to see if TDI like mine
jima2742 any one ID the second TG in Brighton?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Back driving a VW.. Been driving them for 30+ years. This is my second Touareg; bought my first in 2005. Just picked-up my 2013 TDI... Other VW's owned; too many to mention/remember.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I saw one yesterday (day two of owning my 2005 V6 Treg) driving in a Baltimore City neighborhood. I wasn't sure at first if it was a Treg. All I knew is that I thought the car was really nice but unidentifiable. What kind of car is it? And sure-nuff, it was a 2013 Treg all black rolling by. I could only smile and say "wow", that's my kinda car (hee hee). And felt that I made a NICE choice in buying my vehicle. The 2013 and newer models look more sportier than the T1 generation, but hey, an egg is an egg. I'll keep it.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
2012 or 2013 TDI in Dupont Circle, DC

Spotted a 2012 or 2013 TDI parked on Rhode Island Avenue between Connecticut and 17th Street, NW Washington DC. Black, sleek. MD plates. Sweet muffler exhaust ports. Hitch as well. NICE! No driver in sight though, but I think the fender smiled at me because it recognized a Touareg jockey ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I saw one yesterday (day two of owning my 2005 V6 Treg) driving in a Baltimore City neighborhood. I wasn't sure at first if it was a Treg. All I knew is that I thought the car was really nice but unidentifiable. What kind of car is it? And sure-nuff, it was a 2013 Treg all black rolling by. I could only smile and say "wow", that's my kinda car (hee hee). And felt that I made a NICE choice in buying my vehicle. The 2013 and newer models look more sportier than the T1 generation, but hey, an egg is an egg. I'll keep it.
The T1 R50 got the sportiest look ever on a Touareg. No 2013 or newer model will ever reach that appearance - until VW decides to relise an appropriate sucessor of the R50. My opinion as owner of a 2009 Touareg R50 "Plus".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello chaps, 1st post greetings to all

I have a Reed Green 2005 3.0tdi sport with all the bits nav /cricket green leather e/seats etc,and a matching box trailer in Reed green, We also have 2011 blue motion in black with cream and brown interior, but most of you will never spot me I am UK based BERKS /OXON region, but there are always 1 or 2 about when we travel, not like its a rare car at all , but a rifined choice for sure::rolleyes:

ps; any none know how to reset the service message on the 2011?:confused::

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
If I spot you in the very, very rare green one [probably the best ever colour], I'll Harvey-Smith. [Black is far too common so I ignore them!]

Who services your cars?

Have you found the UK site as well? www.mytreg,com

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I spot you in the very, very rare green one [probably the best ever colour], I'll Harvey-Smith. [Black is far too common so I ignore them!]

Who services your cars?

Have you found the UK site as well? www.mytreg,com
You mean they need servicing??:confused: I was motor trade untill a month or so go..just sold out and retired so servicing is not a problem , where are you based then ?

·
Banned
3,336 Posts
I have a Reed Green 2005 3.0tdi sport with all the bits nav /cricket green leather e/seats etc,and a matching box trailer in Reed green, We also have 2011 blue motion in black with cream and brown interior, but most of you will never spot me I am UK based BERKS /OXON region, but there are always 1 or 2 about when we travel, not like its a rare car at all , but a rifined choice for sure::rolleyes:

ps; any none know how to reset the service message on the 2011?:confused::
Infotainment center is one way, or with VCDS cable and software.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Roseville, CA (HWY 80) West bound - Grey - 10AM - Left Lane

Approximately the 100 Mile Marker, spotted a Treg, with oval exhaust tips. I couldn't get closer to see more details. Hopefully the tips will help ID MY.

Two cars behind was a White Porsche Cayenne.

So for a short period of time it was the three of us going down the freeway.

Maybe someone noticed and thought they were going through a heard of VAGS. :D

21 - 40 of 50 Posts