Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's always a little excitement that runs through the body when one Touareg owner spots another Touareg on the road.

Some people bob and weave to catch up and say hi.
Others wave.
And some drivers (as we all know) are oblivious to just about everything going on.

Let's see if we can't unite more Touareg owners.

When you spot a Touareg on the road, create a new topic here.

The subject should include: Color, City/State, and Approx Time

The body should have a more detailed description of your Touareg sighting.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey,

I gotta tell you that I have only had one wave returned to me, period.
Generally I get stares that seem to say, "Who the H**L are you!"
I live in CT, black V10 fully loaded, 2007. Oh yeah and I'm biracial.
Not that, that should have any influence. I have a vanity tag as well.

Wave back, its not hard!!! I love my car, and I do think the Touareg is a
special driving experience!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Pastor Steve,

Well come down and visit Panama City Florida. The only 2 Touaregs you will see here are the ones on the VW dealers lot. Now! Cayannes!!!! Lots of those!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I see a lot of them here in CT and even more around Boston. About half the time, I'll get a nod or a smile, though I'm usually ticked off at the Boston drivers. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I see them, but they rarely see me. :?

But today, this one followed me to the freeway, and zoomed past as we merged....But not before I got a pic. :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
saw two this morning - one black (like mine - but earlier model) and one slate blue - both heading opposite directions on route 78 (east).

I am seeing alot more of these now that I have one!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i see one everyday i go to work cuz not only does this person live 3 blocks from my hood but he works in the same building as me...crazy, huh? but i think mine is cooler, lol. maybe i should post pics and let you guys be the judge of that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Black on Black Touareg, Brooklyn New York

Black on Black Treg with Black center core rims. The rims had red edges and insert. Traveling Eastbound on Linden Boulevard on Service lane near Pennsylvania ave. :clapclap:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have never seen one until I began searching for the perfect SUV. I see alot of jetta's, etc, Lexus, Mercks, BMWs but no Touareg's here. The dealer said that most people in the area can't afford them to be honest. There is only one dealer within a 50 mile radius. Most people buy on impulse but really don't know what there buying. I think a true Touareg owner knows what they want before even buying it. I got mine for the towing, luxury and overall good looks. Plus, I only need to drive 10 miles for service. I will say that since owning it the past week, alot of heads are turning. Who knows, maybe I'll start a new fad here?
Take care,
Lou

·
My God,it's full of stars
5,765 Posts
A silver 08 V6 today parked today next to my 08 V8... oh it's the CFO's :cool: That should be 50% of the Tregs in Fairbanks

siberian

·
Registered
296 Posts
Here is a different kind of sighting: VW ran full page ads for the 2011 today in both the New York Times & the Wall St Journal & maybe others as well.
Took awhile.

·
Registered
296 Posts
A sighting in print: today an article in the NY Times on "Add-On Gadgets For Safety Or Convenience" used a Touareg to illustrate the Thule 964 Revolver bike rack.
Are we becoming that common?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts