Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all Touareg owners...

I hope this message will not be accounted as a commercial post by the administrators. There are so many Touareg owners who want to install side steps / running boards to their vehicles. We are a manufacturer and exporter of these for more than five years by now but we had never thought Touareg owners were so desperate about them. We specialize in these parts for the Range Rover but may adapt them if Touareg owners inquire. Please do keep in mind that these are huge items to be exported one by one so this is why I insist that this is not a commercial post for an individiul item. Please visit our website for our Range Rover versions, www.turacs.com

·
Administrator
4,300 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At least, not a 100% commercial post, I insist:) Here is why:

We are Land Rover people professionally but we have lots of friends who ask us to adapt our steps to their Touaregs. We have installed a few, not so bad I believe, then I spared some time to go through this forum, really so many threads about side steps exist, just wanted them to see that they have an option, after all, it is really not feasible for us to send a single huge box across borders, rgds,

TURACS Automotive Ltd., ISTANBUL
www.turacs.com

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
TURACS..I want those, how do I get them?????????????

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a single set?? Delivery would be very costly!!! From Istanbul to Las Vegas, an irregular package which is almost 2mt long and weighing 18kg... ????

TURACS

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Consider this if you go off road. These will be the first thing to crack, twist or break on a steep ramp over angle. No problem with flat terrain.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Yea, your right about shipping costs, but just the style I wanted..I'll keep
looking over here...thx

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
totally right you are, OILSLURPER..

but that is also why our products are always designed to be bolt on fit to existing locations on the vehicles chassis meaning that they can easily be removed prior to off-roading and re-installed when home.

not to mention that majority of off-roaders would prefer to get their side steps damaged instead of their beloved vehicle's side sills, the locations to be hardest to repair when crashed since there is no access to these parts of a vehicle from the back of the bodyside.

TURACS

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
totally right you are, OILSLURPER..

but that is also why our products are always designed to be bolt on fit to existing locations on the vehicles chassis

TURACS
This bit here....can you guys knock up some skid plates to fit the existing fastener locations from air dam to rear on the engine........??? We need some! Serious..there's a thread on the forum and we all speak the same language. Even if they were fabricated in the US, a reasonable shipping cost here and you may have another market....what do you reckon? Sales here already.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dear JAGERVEGAS,

In fact, our side steps are already available in the USA, but unfortunately they are for the Range Rover. They are in the BrisithPacific website with part number GAR300. You may buy one set from there and we can just send you the steel brackets for the Touareg. But this will again cost really much as they will be asking from you the full set price for the Range Rover version which is almost equal in length as that of the bodysides of the Touareg. Rgds,

TURACS

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dear OILSLURPER,

We, TURACS Automotive Accessories Ltd., specialize in products for the Land Rover vehicles mostly. Please do visit our website to see what we are capable of in terms of design and manufacturing. We may create whichever exterior accessory our client requests but you will be surprised if I told you how much such a project would cost. So there should really be a serious market if a new product project is to be initiated. Rgds,

TURACS

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Dear OILSLURPER,

We, TURACS Automotive Accessories Ltd., specialize in products for the Land Rover vehicles mostly. Please do visit our website to see what we are capable of in terms of design and manufacturing. We may create whichever exterior accessory our client requests but you will be surprised if I told you how much such a project would cost. So there should really be a serious market if a new product project is to be initiated. Rgds,

TURACS
Fair enough. Maybe do some sampling? There's a market-world wide. No one is smart enough to get off their butt to make a stock item to bolt on to the existing plastic 'protection' hardware fastners! Maybe you should do some homework on numbers? Not so expensive I think if you use the plastic under body panel as a template.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dear OILSLURPER,

Such a stainless steel protection panel to use under the front bumper that extends back way under the engine bay, would cost roughly around 20K USD, for the design and tooling of the moulds, not much I know for a manufacturer, but we should first work on it for a while, not for the part itself but for the possible market search. I guess I am now clear. Thank you very much for the idea by the way, I have already assigned one to work on it. Rgds,

TURACS

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Dear OILSLURPER,

Such a stainless steel protection panel to use under the front bumper that extends back way under the engine bay, would cost roughly around 20K USD, for the design and tooling of the moulds, not much I know for a manufacturer, but we should first work on it for a while, not for the part itself but for the possible market search. I guess I am now clear. Thank you very much for the idea by the way, I have already assigned one to work on it. Rgds,

TURACS
Maybe a DIY kit is feasible as long as it attaches to the existing underbelly plastic panel attachment points. The panel does not need to be a "Rolls Royce" job. Just well shaped and fastener holes aligned on the sub-frame. Not sure how that will work in Australia as the kit needs to get here and freight may be a killer - otherwise, use a local fabricator under an arrangement maybe? I think the US has a demand and the UK and some Euro owners also. I suggest using this forum to work out some sampling. I think others here will support the idea....you just have to ask. There are many Treg owners who may not be too game to go off road. But, kit the Treg with decent A/T tyres and some belly armour and the game changes....that's the weakness of the Touareg - being marketed as an SUV, rather than a 4WD....many here will attest to it's off-road capabilities. including me. These things are built to last and the 2nd hand market will ensure they are on the road for many years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am owner of a '08 3.6 FSI touareg. Am looking for a pair of side steps for my touareg in Singapore. I like the pair that turac had 1st posted. Can u advise if it's available in Singapore or if u can advise me the cost if were to purchase from u ?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dear Iceman72,

Singapore is really too far from Istanbul to deliver just a single set... I would really send them totally free to you if only these items were not so huge, the packaging is almost 2mt long and half a mt wide. The transportation cost itself will far more exceed that of the steps. I guess you will have to stick to locally available ones. Thank you for your interest by the way. Rgds,

TURACS
www.turacs.com

·
Registered
77 Posts
Question for all that have installed any type of running board on the Tregs. Do you have to do any modification/drilling to install these on the 2011 Tregs?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dear Pman911,

We are a well-known company worldwide in the side steps manfacturing business and our major focus is on the Land Rovers. As far as our experience, I can safely tell you that the underbody of the Touareg, the Cayenne and the Q7, which are all the same, are the worst in terms of side steps installation. There on the internet, you can find many companies who will tell you that there is no drilling or modification, this can not be true in the case of the Touareg since there is a huge plastic shield that runs all the way long from front to back which you have to trim in order to reach the chassis holes that you can attach the side steps. But since this part is plastic, there is no danger in cutting through it, our method of installation utilizes 3d designed steel brackets that fit seemlessly on to these locations but unfortunately we can not send such a huge packaged product one by one overseas. I just replied to inform you on the subject. Rgds,

Baris KARTAL
TURACS Automotive, ISTANBUL
www.turacs.com

1 - 20 of 21 Posts