Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a customer that is wanting to install one of our Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valves in his Touareg R5 2007.

Has been difficult to get this info from the dealers and I thought the experts in this group might know! ;)

1- Is the sump plug recessed?

2- What is the size on the sump plug, 14mm-1.5?

Thanks

Peter
OilValve
[email protected]
www.oilvalve.com.au

Attachments

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Peter

1. Yes, it is slightly recessed and I think you might have difficulty in fitting the valve in there without some sort of an extension.

2. Yes, it's M14x1.5x22long

·
My God,it's full of stars
5,765 Posts
BTW you make one for an 08 V6? Price?

siberian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Siberian,

How's the weather in Alaska at this time of year, must be cozy? ;)

It looks like all engines take the same size valve F106 (14mm-1.5) but I think they might need to use an extension ADP106 since most or all will have recessed plugs.

Since you are in the US it would be cheaper for you to get it from a dealer in the US.

Lookup fumotousa.com

Peter

·
5,765 Posts
G'day Peter;

Balmy, very balmy and hardly any snow. Temps were around 0 F when they should be -50F.

Thanx for the pointer, 'course you coudl bring one up the next time you come fishing or hunting up here :cool:

siberian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fishing sounds good I might hook myself a killer whale ;-)

I think a cruise in summer would be a great first visit to Alaska!

I will wave from the cruise ship if I see a Touareg driving around ;-)

See Ya

Peter

·
5,765 Posts
I think a cruise in summer would be a great first visit to Alaska!
SUMMER??????? What a wuss, I thought you Aussies were made of stiffer stuff. The Yukon Quest and the Quest 300 starts Saturday, as per usual we're predicting temps in the high -40s...

Seems there's 3 Touaregs now in Fairbanks. Just saw one the other day in town... good to know in case one needs parts :cool:

siberian

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Peter, FYI, there seem to be some V6TDI models that have an M24 drain plug, but AFAIK, all the others have the M14 one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts