Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2008 Touareg V8
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Today we plasti dipped the 2005 touareg pillar. We wanted a brushed aluminum look and wrapping was going to be expensive.
We bought 1 can of WHITE plasti dip from walmart and 2 cans of plasti dip SATIN WHITE ALUMINUM AEROSOL from dipyourcar.com.
I applied 4 coats of of white plasti dip as a base coat and then 4 coats of the satin white aluminum. Its an easy process. Make sure to tape the surroundings very. The final product is really nice and it would look good on any touareg color. Its one of those things that make the Cayenne 1 stand out.

Attachments

· Registered
2008 Touareg V8
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pictures make it look good. Does the plasti dip lay smooth? What is the life expectancy of the finish?.
It does look really good in person. Yes the plasti dip lay really smooth. If done well and enough coats are applied, it should be good for a long time. I am expecting at least 2-3 years. I am saying this because when i bought my Touareg in January of 2016, I plasti dipped some parts and its still on today and looks good and clean. The Satin White Aluminum should help make it last longer.

· Registered
96 Posts

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.