Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have a problem with my touareg electronic tow bar. As i know many touaregs with electronic towing bar has same issue. My tow bar is retracted and i cannot put it back. When i tried to push button to do that it started blinking and car computer now shows error message. The tow bar can stay retracted, but all i want now is to clear error message. Tried connecting VAG-COM and delete that error from 69 module, but although i delete that message and there is no more error messages left, car computer still shows "check tow bracket" error, and button still flashes. Does anyone know how to properly delete that error?
Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the error that i got from pushing tow bar button in cargo area.

And here it is how dashboard shows this error (also button yellow bilking).

And here is after deleting this error code:

Although there is no error codes left in trailer module, dashboard still shows that "check towing bracket" and also button flashes. How to remove that error properly that dashbord wouldnt show that error?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you asking how to "fool" the system that you have a properly functioning mechanism? (when you have a failed one)
Yes, i dont like seing tow bar error in my dasboard insted of mileage :) So my tow bar can be retracted as it is now, only want to delete that error and leave tow bar how it is now :)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yes, i dont like seing tow bar error in my dasboard insted of mileage :) So my tow bar can be retracted as it is now, only want to delete that error and leave tow bar how it is now :)
Well, the proper way to do this is to FIX the failed mechanism so that the hitch can cycle.
Since you don't seem to want to take that approach, I would suggest using VCDS to code it to a fixed hitch instead of your fancy retractable one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the proper way to do this is to FIX the failed mechanism so that the hitch can cycle.
Since you don't seem to want to take that approach, I would suggest using VCDS to code it to a fixed hitch instead of your fancy retractable one.
Thanks, that is a really good avice. Maybe you know which byte should i change to what? because VCDS doesn't show meaning of any byte of that module.

Also does anyone know what is the common issue with those tow bars, i will try to fix it when the wheater will be better. When i push button i can hear tow bar motor run for just a sec and thats it, tried to help it by pushing tow bar with hands, but that doesnt make any difference. maybe some kind of lock mechanism failed?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found it how to deal with this issue if anyone has same problem :)
So open trailer module, coding, and then change 2byte to 0. after you can unchange to default 4. and no more error message :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
2 Participants
Ramūnas Gruodis
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing