Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Korea, my touareg club members are worried because of a oil leak from crank. The problem is that VW service centers can't fix it at once, and what's worse, after repairing it, another problem is caused by the unskilled mechanics.
Anyone who knows the exact cause of the leak and how to repair the problem?
Or can you tell me how your country's service center handle the problem?

20160215_145948.jpg

20160215_145959 (1).jpg

20160215_145959.jpg

20160215_150043.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
I experienced an oil leak with oil showing in the same are. The fault was found to be a leaking pipe fitting on the discharge side of the turbo, where small amounts of crankcase oil was accumulating and being forced out under pressure. Replacing the rubber coupling and new clamps seems to have solved the problem.

Stuart...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Are you sure it is engine oil? That is the transmission housing - it may be transmission fluid. If it is, you probably don't have anything to worry about, it is much thicker than engine oil, so a very small amount makes a bigger mess, so to speak. Wipe the area down very well and see how long it takes oil to return.

Also, you mean driveshaft, not crankshaft. The crankshaft is internal to the engine block - if we could see it in the photos we'd all know where your oil was leaking from! ;)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I experienced an oil leak with oil showing in the same are. The fault was found to be a leaking pipe fitting on the discharge side of the turbo, where small amounts of crankcase oil was accumulating and being forced out under pressure. Replacing the rubber coupling and new clamps seems to have solved the problem.

Stuart...

Pretty common condition in the older 7L models, have not heard of anyone showing symptoms in the current 7P's, the OP has a 2015 model.
There seems to be quite a lot of oil there so it could be something else, (main rear seal?).
You would think that where ever Touaregs are sold, (even in South Korea) dealers would get access to full VW technical support, dump it back in their lap to sort out.

TonyB
TonyB

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a leak on my 2007 v6tdi for years like this.
I then found there is a cap about 80mm Dia on the RHS of the engine. It is at the back of the tappet cover. You can access it from the top of the engine. It's a bit of a reach but not impossible.
My car had a pinched oring seal that was causing the small oil leak.
It's a very unusual size seal so I ordered it from VW for about $5.

Replaced it and leak is gone!
I couldn't find the photos I took sorry.

Cheers Ben.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was told that it was a seal to be changed and that the gearbox had to be dropped, several hours of work

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was told that it was a seal to be changed and that the gearbox had to be dropped, several hours of work

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I had a leak on my 2007 v6tdi for years like this.
I then found there is a cap about 80mm Dia on the RHS of the engine. It is at the back of the tappet cover. You can access it from the top of the engine. It's a bit of a reach but not impossible.
My car had a pinched oring seal that was causing the small oil leak.
It's a very unusual size seal so I ordered it from VW for about $5.

Replaced it and leak is gone!
I couldn't find the photos I took sorry.

Cheers Ben.

Hi Ben, got the same problem in my second Touareg as well.

Is this the cap you refer to?

TonyB
InkedEngine rear_LI.jpg

·
Registered
1,845 Posts

Is this the O-ring you replaced in your BKS (#19)?

N 91077901 o-ring67X2,81BKS,BUN

TonyB

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Tony,
Yes that is the oring. You did better than me to find the diagrams. Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts