Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Treg stalled this afternoon. I pushed it at 140kmh for a few km and revved it in neutral a bit. After i started from the traffic light it stalled. I waited a bit and it started and drove fine. I checked with vcds and found p0321 and p0322.

· Registered
767 Posts
Ross-Tech Wiki states Engine speed sensor (G28) possible loose or faulty sensor

· Registered
767 Posts
P0321 = implausible signal and P0322= no signal from Engine speed sensor G28

· Registered
767 Posts
Engine speed sensor G28 located on engine block, left side by oil filter housing

· Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. Read about that. Will inspect the sensor before replacing it. I read on the forum here that the stalling might also be due to faulty fuel pumps but will check the sensor before taking action.

· Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Back to this noise issue. Mechanic says it might be the lifters.
I found this blog about BMW lifters issue and the solution seems to be revving the engine higher and of course doing frequent oil changes. Some even mention adding 200ml of atf oil during an oil change to clean any sludge in the engine.
I haven't tested the short low rev trip vs the long high rev trip scenario yet. But I noticed that sometimes the noise is just not there.
Any opinions about the atf trick?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.