Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay Everyone,

Would anyone be interested in a meet up in MA or NH or is their a group that already exists that does this? I would love to meet up with fellow Touareg owners and discuss tips, tricks, common problems and of course share stories for our love of the ride.

Let me know,

Thanks

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
If it's near southern NH, then I might be in. We have family there and visit every few months. Depending on the season, I do some offroading in the area, as well.

Heading up next weekend. While there, going to hit some new/old logging roads. Might have some adventures to share. ;)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Offroading in SE NH

Couple of pics from this past weekend. Probably the last trip with the old Durango before it's sold/traded.

Large photo: nasty looking rocks in stream water crossing for trail in dry season. Table-shaped boulder on far side was apparently gouged to hell by a few unfortunate souls. Didn't go there.

Movie screen shots: coming down a ledge in class 6 road. Usually take the driver's side route and just touch bottom. This time took the passenger side route. It looks tippy, but going slow it was smooth with no contact.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd definately be interested in one! I've had my Treg for a little under a year now and would definately be interested in meeting others in the area...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hay everyone,

well i posted this a while ago and their are a few people interested so i would like to move forward with a meet up, before i put a date i think we should see what weekend works best for everyone and if anyone knows a good place. it could be as easy as meeting at a mall for a few hours or as complex as trying to find a open trail (wide open please, i love my ride and do not want scratches). anyway let me know perhaps the first weekend in November? 11-7-09?

Sounds like it could be fun, and we could share tips and tricks, and places to get deals, etc....

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I'm out until after Thanksgiving. Soonest I can probably make is between Xmas & New Years. Hopefully, we'll have some snow by then to play in. :cool:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I'll be around between xmas & new years. Interested in some snow/trail riding?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Whereabouts?
Depending on the weather, I can probably come up with some places in SE NH. But I'm open to other suggestions in the region. :cool:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Sure! Hey, you're only as old as you feel. And people in glass houses... ;)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
goudh, do you take your Treg off the beaten path much? I've had a lot of fun exploring class IV (unpaved) roads and jeep trails next door in NH.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Never on a jeep trails and have stumbled onto a couple of class IV but a lot of those are really suitable for horses. As the saying goes in Vermont we have four seasons. Almost winter, winter, almost winter and four months of tough sledding. Our dirt roads can be a challenge all onto themselves especially in jurisdictions that just let the mud season happen. I live a half mile up a dirt road and have some relatives "back in the sticks". The Touareg really shines under those conditions. And that is with Pirellie so called Ice & Snow.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yeah, some of the NH dirt roads/trails I've tried to navigate have been pretty primitive. And that's not even in the 'mud season.' But it sounds like you know your way around in this stuff. For that matter, you probably know some better places for us to explore than me. ;)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Anyone still up for doing this? I'll be in NH between the holidays. Wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere in the area. Especially if it's an excuse to hit some trails or unplowed snow. :cool:

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm in, let me know where and when. Between or around the holidays works for me. I'm from southern Maine, so NH isn't too bad of a drive. Like the Durango pics schubie. I have an 04 Dakota Club v8 I plan on driving until the wheels fall off. It's pretty respectable off road as well.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts