Club Touareg Forum banner

341 - 360 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Actually can someone confirm if the tire noise is normal? So when turning either direction at very low speeds, around 5mph, I cam feel the tires. They’re not rubbing the fender but I can feel them sort of rubbing on the pavement through the wheel. Does anyone know what I’m talking about? Is that normal for AT tires?
Lol yes. They are going to be noisy

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Forgot to post these a while ago. I installed my eurowise lift kit. Love it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
lol @JCstomper thanks I guess it’s “welcome to the club”. But I was just curious, I love them. Hopefully they will se dirt, rocks and snow. I always liked your set up. Very beefy. Are you taking it off road?

·
Registered
52 Posts
lol @JCstomper thanks I guess it’s “welcome to the club”. But I was just curious, I love them. Hopefully they will se dirt, rocks and snow. I always liked your set up. Very beefy. Are you taking it off road?
Nope, I just wanted it to look different. Next week the snows go on
Then in spring I'm gonna do a sport tire but the same big size... I want quiet highways again

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nope, I just wanted it to look different. Next week the snows go on
Then in spring I'm gonna do a sport tire but the same big size... I want quiet highways again

Are you getting rid of these AT tires?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm about to order A/T tyres for the T3.

It's a 2010 TDI with air suspension.
My choices are 255/55R19 or 255/65R19, Duratracs.

So basically 30" vs. 32.1"

From what I have read here, people are close to running 32". Biggest I have found here is 31.5"... Will spacers and a heat-gun solve clearance issues for the 32.1 inch?

The plan is to mount on stock 19" rims, 8.5Jx19 ET59.

JCStomper had some big ones on, but I did not see any clearance pictures?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm about to order A/T tyres for the T3.

It's a 2010 TDI with air suspension.
My choices are 255/55R19 or 255/65R19, Duratracs.

So basically 30" vs. 32.1"

From what I have read here, people are close to running 32". Biggest I have found here is 31.5"... Will spacers and a heat-gun solve clearance issues for the 32.1 inch?

The plan is to mount on stock 19" rims, 8.5Jx19 ET59.

JCStomper had some big ones on, but I did not see any clearance pictures?
Before my lift kit, i only had a slight clearance issue at about 90% full turn. At full lock it was fine, anywhere other than a weird sweetspot around 90% it was fine as well... just that one spot would rub the front of the wheel well liner

·
Registered
52 Posts
What kind of coopers are they? How do they handle so far? Comfort, noise, performance, snow, rain? Nice looking car. I like the Rohanas
Sorry never responded to this. Handling is ok, I don't push too hard cause it is a SUV after all. Noise is annoying now after a year or so. Snow is absolutely **** because the compound is too hard. I put snow tires on for winter. Rain isn't bad but again, I drive it like a SUV and stay aware of its limits compared to my other cars

·
Registered
117 Posts
I find that wheel offset plays a huge factor with rubbing. I downsized from the OEM 19s on my 2016 tdi to an OEM 17 et 55 with a 265/70/17. I also have the Forge 2inch suspension spacer.

I had rubbing on the front intercooler vent fender liner at full lock when the suspension was articulated.

I added a 35mm wheel spacer and the rubbing was pretty hearty just backing out of a parking space. It would run on the front intercooler vent fender liner and also on the rear carpeted fender liner.

Changed the wheel spacer to a 30mm and 95% of the rubbing went away. It will still rub a little when backing out of a parking space. Not sure why it only rubs in reverse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Before my lift kit, i only had a slight clearance issue at about 90% full turn. At full lock it was fine, anywhere other than a weird sweetspot around 90% it was fine as well... just that one spot would rub the front of the wheel well liner

OK!

Seeing that no one is close to running 32" without big changes to suspension I think that train is lost for me.

But I have found General Grabber AT3 in 255/60R19, that would make 31" in total.
How would those compare to the duratracs in quality of noise and traction?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I encourage you to post your question over at Facebook group : Off-road VAG and Porsche

OK!

Seeing that no one is close to running 32" without big changes to suspension I think that train is lost for me.

But I have found General Grabber AT3 in 255/60R19, that would make 31" in total.
How would those compare to the duratracs in quality of noise and traction?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah 32 will rub. I'm at 31.2. And before lift had what I stated above

341 - 360 of 389 Posts