Club Touareg Forum banner

281 - 300 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Guys. Does anybody know if changing the tyre size affects the warrenty? Dealers usually look for any reason not to claim things through the warrenty. I tried to find out from vwsa but they give me vague answers regarding this. I have read that you are allowed to stay within the 29 inch range as the spare wheel is also around 29 inch. I would like to fit 265/60/18 which is about 31 inch but would not like this to affect any of the warrenties.
How did the 265/60 R18 tires fit? I am assuming they were no trouble. Only .75" wider and 1.5" taller. Please let me know what you found. Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
It appears from past posts that 265/60 R18 or a 265/65 R18 will fit in the fenderwell and not rub during suspension travel. Has anyone gone to the max size limits and rubbed the tire? What tire size is the max amount for width and height? Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
It appears from past posts that 265/60 R18 or a 265/65 R18 will fit in the fenderwell and not rub during suspension travel. Has anyone gone to the max size limits and rubbed the tire? What tire size is the max amount for width and height? Thanks
My set up rubs very slightly at full lock turns.. actually not full lock, have a turn back from full lock

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I’m new here. Have a question about the lug bolt fitment and if the stock worked on these Method wheels. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mounted 275/55r20 to factory wheel. Measures 31.9”, for the naysayers. No fitment issues whatsoever. Discount Tire initially refused to even attempt to mount them claiming they would not fit. The shop guys saying this were all of 17-19 years old. Told them to do it anyhow. The look on their faces when I drove away without any rubbing problems..

Falken Wildpeak AT3w. View attachment 235305
Having my tyre place attempt to put some 31.9's on next week. I hope Ncburch you're right, as I had ordered the 265/50s but then I came across your post and it looks so much better with more clearance so I thought I may as well give it a go. Will let ya'll know if the 31.9 inches fit, for confirmation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Having my tyre place attempt to put some 31.9's on next week. I hope Ncburch you're right, as I had ordered the 265/50s but then I came across your post and it looks so much better with more clearance so I thought I may as well give it a go. Will let ya'll know if the 31.9 inches fit, for confirmation.
I'm nearing 5k miles on my 275/55r20 Wildpeak's. Can confirm again no issues with stock offset. No spacers or suspension mods.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks mate.
I'm nearing 5k miles on my 275/55r20 Wildpeak's. Can confirm again no issues with stock offset. No spacers or suspension mods.
Thanks for confirming. Just found out that it's illegal to increase tyre diameter by more than 15mm here in Aus, so I can't even run the 265/50's either, thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Thanks mate.

Thanks for confirming. Just found out that it's illegal to increase tyre diameter by more than 15mm here in Aus, so I can't even run the 265/50's either, thanks anyway.
That's not right mate.

You will find your Touareg is classified as "MC" being the classification as being a 4WD not a passanger vehicle, which allows a 50mm increase (relying on memory here) not the 15mm for non 4WD vehicles.
I could find the link for you but you should do a search yourself and you will find quite a long discussion on this subject some 8 years ago confirming this.

TonyB

·
Registered
1,841 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh wow thanks for clearing that up TonyB, got into trouble back in WA for larger tyres on the bmw x5 and it was because it was "All Wheel Drive" and not 4x4 as the cop asked, the link you provided shows the X5 is indeed an MA and not MC, whilst the touareg is MC, cop made it sound like only true 4x4's are MC, I shoulda had a better google. Thanks mate looks like I'm picking up the 265/50's as the 270/55's will increase the diameter by 50-something-mm which would be legal here in NSW but not in QLD when I move up. Thanks for the spoonfeed Tony, really I shoulda researched better.

·
Registered
2016 Touareg V6 Lux
1 Posts
Anyone out there knows if 285 width tires would fit with +60 offset (stock)? I am interested in mounting 285/50/20 on 20x9 ET60 wheels. T3, No air suspension.

I saw the post by JCstomper with his 285/50/20 on ET45. Looks great, not sure about clearance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone out there knows if 285 width tires would fit with +60 offset (stock)? I am interested in mounting 285/50/20 on 20x9 ET60 wheels. T3, No air suspension.

I saw the post by JCstomper with his 285/50/20 on ET45. Looks great, not sure about clearance.
You might be tight on shock/spring clearance

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is anyone running 255/60R20 on their T3 Touareg? I'm considering running the Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with kevlar. I also want to add a 2 inch lift. Would I need to do any cutting or do you think these tires with the lift would be clear of any rubbing? I'm wanting to make the Touareg into an overlander.

·
Registered
5 Posts
little dirty 3s action 285/70/r17

Nice! I'm thinking of putting 255/65 R19 on my TDI with stock air suspension and stock 19" wheels. OD is 32.1" you have 32.7".
How is the clearance? Rubbing? Any pics on the clearance with tires straight and 50% turn and 100% turn?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all! This is my first post, glad to have found this awesome group of T3 guys. I bought a 2012 TDI Lux this year...just under 80k and it came from the south! I live in New England so it’s great to have a virgin that hasn’t seen the salt.
So I intend to do a chrome blackout, and am looking to get some black wheels and nice knobs on her. On page 11, I really like @jonflexx setup. Since I’m wanting to do new wheels it’s been hard finding something that will fit right. Anyone know if he has a lift on that setup? I’m hesitant to do the 2” that a lot of people do as it looks like there’s a lot of space in the wheel wells. I’ve seen leveling kits...any thoughts on that? I’d like that stance it gives but more seems a little much.
Would love to hear thoughts on that, and thanks all in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, putting 255/65 R19 on my TDI (7p) with stock air suspension and stock 19" wheels will not work!

Have measured and will just fit 255/55R19, might still need a 10mm spacer.. Clearance on upper control arm is tight! Also very close to wheel house in front.

Shame..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome thread! I live in Vegas and just got a 2011 TDI Lux a few months ago but something’s up with the tires so the dealer will cover 50% of new ones. I wasn’t planning on buying a whole set until November but now I’m forced to.

I drive fast and the speed limits are high here. So is the heat but the roads are nice. I do a lot of driving to SoCal and surrounding states. I haven’t done any off-roading (except driving in Boston 14 years) but I do climb up Mount Charleston and other mountains and I snowboard. I do plan on going on some light off-roading..

What tires do people recommended for “spirited driving”, well capable in snow and some light off-roading. Will a good all-season do it or should I look for an off-road AT tire? I see a lot of AT tires here. Do people drive fast on them? Do they have decent handling?

I’m looking to get 265/55/19 for current or 275/55/20 if I upgrade.

kudos everyone

281 - 300 of 333 Posts