Club Touareg Forum banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wouldn't these rub like crazy if you took it off road? I'm considering these in 265/60/18. Love the look but I'm not trying to break a fender on some mild off-roading.

What is the biggest I can go on a T3 (2011) without rub even when you take it off road? I'd really like the extra ground clearance. The 265/60's would bump me up to 8.65 in, but a little more would be great.
What did you end up going with? I’m on the same boat right now. Due for new tires on 18” rim and would like to go one step bigger than OEM. However I’m just wondering about pros and cons. I started a new thread on this too. Anyone actually riding on 265/60/18s? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bfg ko2 275/65 on OEM 18x8 10 spoke, no rubbing on Road and off road!! Have a broken acc and front assist to prove it lol. Any bigger will require trimming or grinding
Franky,

Do you have any more photos of your wheel/tire setup, like maybe a profile shot? Is yours a diesel?

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got you geekwgn, no it’s not a diesel. couldn’t get away with that from the wife. her brother is a great gas mechanic and can’t keep a secret lol.
Lol. Thanks man. Do you like the BFGs? How’s the road noise. Was thinking of Falken Wildpeaks but I’m kinda digging the BFGs.

I’m also wondering if the 275/60 will rub on my diesel because of the fenderliner vents for the intercooolers. I guess a little dremel action isn’t that bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
To be honest I was kinda skeptical about the tire because they weren’t that aggressive looking and they’re not cheap but in person they totally compliment the car. 2 of my coworkers convinced me to buy them after telling me how long they’ve lasted and how well they perform on and off road in Southern Cal. terrain (sand, gravel, and occasional mud) where I live. For road noise it’s as good as you’re going to get for an AT tire, I only hear tire noises at low speeds w/ the windows down and at highways speeds I only hear the wind from my roof rack but before I had the rack it was pretty quite. I’m not familiar with the diesel t3 but I couldn’t imagine it would be that big of a difference. Luckily I didn’t have to cut(praise god!) but i think the only problem you would face when cutting is the fog light compartment

201 - 213 of 213 Posts