Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the Treg up as normal, reversed out of the driveway, shifted into drive with no problems. Took a turn and felt what was like a bump in the road and we lost all gauges, displays, radio, air conditioning, and the gauges are frozen in place. Stopped the car about 20 yards down the street and put in park. Turned the car off and then back on, no display but it would start but the brake wouldn’t release the gear selector. Started the car, used the shifter release and got it into gear and back to the garage. Shifting into gear was not as smooth as it would be in normal operating condition. I have no internal electronics like windows, seat controls, or door locks but overhead lights and headlights still come on.

At a lost with what to do to figure this out. I don’t have a scan tool. I can’t access the battery without moving the seat so not sure how to “unplug” the battery to reset anything. Any concerns if I were to drive the car a few miles to the dealer in this condition?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
The T1 has a battery ground bolt under the driver carpet, near the battery/seat. I can unbolt it and disconnect the battery without touching the seat. Not sure bout the your model.
Give it a shot. And Get a vcds cable soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found that connector you were speaking of. Unbolted and it cut all power. Going to wait a while and see what happens. Thanks for the pointer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After putting the cable back on all displays and gauges returned to normal. Started it up and everything is running fine. Check engine light was on but after a few starting cycles of the engine the light went out. Have a scanner on the way to see if I can figure out what that fault was or if there’s anything else going wrong. Will update if I find anything.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Glad to hear that.
I hope you ordered a VCDS cable and not another type of scanner as vcds is the official tool around here.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
As above - other scanners work up to a point but VCDS is the best for any VAG car and it is well supported by Ross Tech too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
DanielChandler
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing