Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I just wanted to give a reference to a rare part I have lately put on my Touareg, for underbody protection.
The part is originally designed for Porsche Cayenne Transsyberia but it sits perfectly on Touareg (same chassis).

Each one weighs about 10KG and has the length of 2 meters, and is composed of two parts, the underbody protection, and the sill protection.
The underbody protection is made of two layers of hard aluminum alloy. The sill protection is also aluminum alloy but seems to be different in material.
The part numbers are 7L5018891A and 7L5018893A for the side and 7L5018892A and 7L5018894A for the right side.

To mount them to the car you will need hexagon rivet nuts of 8mm to be fit on the chassis (hexagon holes are there) and 8mm bolts.

They protect some of the vulnerable areas of car side and underbody while offroading:

It will look like this from the side:

Attachments

Registered
馃憤
These look great and seem to be able to do the job in a refined manner, can I ask where you sourced them from and is it just a one off that you just happen to be "Amikam on thespot" at the time you found them.
The EPDM markings mean there is some "plastic" in them, are they all metal or some sort of composite?
TonyB

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much the same way the Touareg expedition version came out, the Cayenne Transsyberia came out.
The parts were produced only in limited numbers. I found them locally in Germany.

The plastic parts are the fender flap extensions and two hard compressed plastics for the jack support. There are also some shock absorber rubbers and also sealing rubbers to seal the structure to the car body. All exposed parts are metal. It is simply over-engineered.

Registered
I wish I had a set. I accept the fact that it will never happen.

It would work nice with Drag's metal under body kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts