Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Mine was born in 9/03 and appears to be on the road to death in 1/04.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was surprised

I was quite surprised about the date too. After I got the Reg, I looked at the inspection that is required for VA. The dealer performed that in 08/03. I got the car in 12/03. If I had been paying attention, I could've had a newer one (with hatch assist) for the same amount of $$, but I didn't catch it.

So far, in my month of ownership, nothing major.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Mine was built 9/03 - in fact I know it was inspected at the factory in Germany on 9/17/03. I found this checklist in the glovebox:

(Interestlingly, note line 26 where the inspector crossed out the line to check for the flashlight! Still waiting to get mine from VWOA after a month though.)

·
Registered
112 Posts
10/03 <fingers crossed>900 miles and no problems so far</fingers crossed>

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mike:

In a nutshell, cut and pasted from another post:

So far, right out of the box I had a gear problem with the driver's side seat (needed some upward manual pressure to electronically raise the seat)... easily repaired.

Sensor problem with the dash display. The gearshift indicator didn't work, and the tire pressure warning kept coming on. Fixed, after it took two tries for a part to come from Germany. One week at the dealer because a defective part was first shipped and recognized after they had the transmission pan off... had to wait for the new part till they could put the pan back on. Gave me an SUV loaner in the meantime.

Working on terrible range for the remote key, and trying to ID/fix the rough ride on cold mornings for the first five mins. I've been told that will be taken care of on Thursday. Will let you know.

Overall though... I LOVE IT. I hope the bugs are out. Many thought I had guts to take one off the boat and do a x-country tour given that no dealers had parts, much less barely knowing anything about the Touareg!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Date Born

New guy here. My venetian green 04 V8 shows a build date of 05/03. Not the oldest here but well along. We took delivery last July and have driven from SoCal to Canada and back. No serious problems and have now accumulated 12,000 miles. Most glitches have been solved by careful reading of the manual (not so easy with such an inadequate manual) finding some answers in the "sidebar" notes and by mining the online sources.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ours says 09/03. We got it on Feb. 7th. So far, so good!! We have the mini headrest in back. What's this about engine panels? Are you talking about the black panels on the sides of the engine compartment? If so, we got those. Is there a problem with them or something?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.