Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ... new here.
I was wondering if anyone would have the clue pairing an Iphone and the bluetooth Touareg system ????:confused:
I'd appriciate, really, cos I can't use my cell in the car.:mad:
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,467 Posts
Thanks very much, but I don't have the RNS-510. My 2007 Touareg GPS is looking like this model#-o. I'll try anyway like in the video, but I tried so much methods ... I doubt... Thanks again anyway.
You need to get a bluetooth kit to install since that radio did not have it natively built in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, actually this radio has the bluetooth system, cos one of my friend has the same and he paired his Nokia cell with it ... but doesn't seem to work with my Iphone though ... Look as though VW only worked with this Nokia factory before ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, thanks for your quote.
Hum, I think I've tried everything ... but I know that it will never work. I definitely need that RNS 350 ... and it's really too expensive. Never mind. I'll wait for another phone, a Nokia this time !!!

·
Administrator
4,300 Posts
Well, actually this radio has the bluetooth system, cos one of my friend has the same and he paired his Nokia cell with it ... but doesn't seem to work with my Iphone though ... Look as though VW only worked with this Nokia factory before ?
Has he tried to pair his phone with YOUR radio? Bluetooth was never available as an option in North America until the RNS-510 radio was available, so not many here will have experience with your setup. Are there any options in the MFI for bluetooth or radio function?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes he did try to pair his phone with my radio, and it worked !!! I'm sure the trouble comes from the Iphone and that's all. Bluetooth is really available cas there a Nokia 6300 pre installed in it ... so ... well it doesn't matter anyway, I'll manage like this. Tanks for your quote, it was nice.

·
Administrator
4,300 Posts
Do you know the process or method that he used to pair with your vehicle? Depending on the systems installed, I believe that that the controller could be recoded to allow other phones to pair. The iPhone should pair with most any kit that supports the "handsfree profile".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:confused:So do you think I should ask Volkswagen to see what's possible with the "VAG Case" ? Cos I remember that I saw once on my phone (while trying to pair it) "handsfree profile" on it, but when I taped the button, nothing happened.:mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts