Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
Can anybody help me I retrofit a 9W3 Bluetooth module to my 09 Touareg some months ago , now I'm trying to upgrade to a 9W7 module .
I got one from Ebay , I plug it to the harness on my car but i got no phone screen
not sure if the module is dead or is not compatible with my car .
Can anybody help me with this issue.
Thanks.:(

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,020 Posts
Pretty sure you need to 'tweak' the VCDS settings to enable the MFD screen to display/recognize the phone menu.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
The 9W7 uses BAP Protocol to talk to the Dashboard, and doesn't support the previous protcol supported by the 9W3. You will not be able to get it displaying in the MFD of your vehicle as it is incompatible. Been there done that !!!!!

Best option is the Kufatec Fiscon Unit, which fully integrates.

Stuart....

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,020 Posts
or the 9WZ unit.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Swapping from a 9W3 is fully "Plug and Pray", again, been there done that, regretted trying.

Stuart...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

late last night I realizes the the module works , I can se it on my phone ,Im able to used the bluetooth and stream music .no screen yet.
Can anybody help me with a screen shot of the coding or guide me on what need to be done to be fully functional .
I really appreciate all the help .
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
late last night I realizes the the module works , I can se it on my phone ,Im able to used the bluetooth and stream music .no screen yet.
Can anybody help me with a screen shot of the coding or guide me on what need to be done to be fully functional .
I really appreciate all the help .
Thanks.
The 9W7 cannot be made fully functional in the T2's as it requires the BAP Protcol for communication to the Dashboard, You will still be able to use it, if you have an RNS510 or an RCD510 as it will be displayed on either. However it will NOT display in the Dashboard MFD as the pre 2011 Treg does not understand BAP. The 9W7 is only enabled with BAP, where as the 9WZ units support both BAP and the earlier protcol ( sorry can't recall its name), and it will fully integrate.

There are no coding options that will work to make it visable in the Dash.

Stuart...

·
Registered
83 Posts
How much for 9w7 and what is the part number you have for sale?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 9W7 cannot be made fully functional in the T2's as it requires the BAP Protcol for communication to the Dashboard, You will still be able to use it, if you have an RNS510 or an RCD510 as it will be displayed on either. However it will NOT display in the Dashboard MFD as the pre 2011 Treg does not understand BAP. The 9W7 is only enabled with BAP, where as the 9WZ units support both BAP and the earlier protcol ( sorry can't recall its name), and it will fully integrate.

There are no coding options that will work to make it visable in the Dash.

Stuart...
Thank you! Looks like 9wz is the way to go, or 9w7 if I don't care about seeing the song titles in the MFD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts