verified by revo!
Shoot me a pm or give me a call 0422958260 to discuss
330kw, like the sound of that!
Will be in touch

Reactions: Aaronleakey

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hey Steve L, you will want this I'm sure!

Pete

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,981 Posts
I've blown a lot of my available budget on the Lithium with the van. But yes.... damn, I WILL get a tune.
Just have to investigate more, as I want a tune that will compliment and enhance the work the car will do with the van on the back.

·
Registered
2013 Touareg 4motion, deleted, remapped
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
I've blown a lot of my available budget on the Lithium with the van. But yes.... damn, I WILL get a tune.
Just have to investigate more, as I want a tune that will compliment and enhance the work the car will do with the van on the back.
Hey Steve,
I can aim a tune for around 900nm with an “economy” tune better suited for towing. I would suggest if you end up getting a tune you upgrade the factory transmission oil cooler to a thicker core unit.
Something to keep in mind is if this isn’t done properly a winch won’t fit in the front if you ever decide to go that route!

I’ve sent you a pm also, keep an eye out! 😃

·
Registered
31 Posts
Me again Aaron. Just wondering about the implications of the winch plate in an accident. Would the airbag sensors be affected by the plate? Seems like you'd loose some front end crumple zone for a minor prang as well? Be interested to know your (or others) thoughts

·
Registered
2013 Touareg 4motion, deleted, remapped
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Me again Aaron. Just wondering about the implications of the winch plate in an accident. Would the airbag sensors be affected by the plate? Seems like you'd loose some front end crumple zone for a minor prang as well? Be interested to know your (or others) thoughts
Gudday! Apologies for the late reply! Getting thrashed at work since the lockdowns been lifted!
Obviously I can’t speak for crash testing or real world experience. HOWEVER, I will say the factory sensors aren’t touched or interfered with in any way.
All the other winch brackets I’ve seen done by others are welded onto the crash bar, It’s obvious why doing it that way it a terrible idea haha.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts