Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
All my lighter outlet are malfunctionning. I tested the 4 outlet with a lighter plug tester and they all show the red light (malfunction). I then checked the voltage and they all have 0.8V. I checked the fuses (fuse 38 and 39, 15A) and they are ok. What is the problem?
Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
First, check the tester in another vehicle and make sure it works. Next you have to start chasing wires, verifying both the voltages and the grounds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First, check the tester in another vehicle and make sure it works. Next you have to start chasing wires, verifying both the voltages and the grounds.
Yes, I checked the tester and it works ok. Tomorrow I'll check the voltage directly at the #38 and 39 fuse, I think it is the lighter plug fuses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a kind of voltage controller or current limiter on the circuit? If the voltage at the fuse is also 0,8v, where can be the problem?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
If the voltage at both sides of the fuse is 0.8V, then the issue is upstream of the fuse. ie, between the fuse and the wiring that leads back to the battery / alternator.

Is there anything else electrical not working?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts