Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have annoying Red ling on Parking assist display

I can hear faint clicks on all Sensors with the key on in Forward , Reverse.

VAG output

6 Faults Found:

00429 - Left Front Parking Aid Display (Y13)
009 - Open or Short to Ground
00430 - Front Right Parking Aid Display (Y14)
00431 - Rear Parking Aid Display (Y15)
004 - No Signal/Communication

any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Yes, I recommend you check the condition of the 14 PIN connector between the front bar and the right front wheel arch. Accessible if you remove the lining in front of the wheel. Good chance you have a dodgy connection. If you do then its much less expensive than the alternative of replacing sensors.

Good luck..

Stuart..

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Whilst you have the lining out, check that the bulkhead drain is clear too as preventative maintenance.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Only in your world ............................Trust me the right hand side when you a sitting in the car.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had this problem as well, the truck was a little dirty, took it to the wash used a pressure hose on the front of the sensors and under the body. This solved the error messages for me. There was a lot of road grim under the truck. Seems silly but it might work.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi,

I have annoying Red ling on Parking assist display

I can hear faint clicks on all Sensors with the key on in Forward , Reverse.

VAG output

6 Faults Found:

any thoughts?
Have the same symptoms, but haven't scanned yet. Strange that I have the sensors all clicking but no communication I guess. What was the outcome of this I wonder.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Mine will sometimes turn red when waiting at a traffic light. I've been attributing it to the in-pavement sensors for the signal lights.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I know this is an old thread...But I had an issue when it rained and the parktronic wouldn't work. The first time I heard a trick of listening to each sensor for a click. All had clicks but still not working, Then a few days later it was fine, after they dried out (or so I thought). Fast forward a few more weeks and more rain and again they wouldn't work. Just the red lights on the dash. No clicks this time. Scanned with VCDS and all of my sensors were bad. I knew they all couldn't be bad, so I knew it was the module. (little hint, as long as the module has power VDCS thinks the module is good) Swapped out module and all is good again. Module is on left side of trunk behind access panel all the way on the bottom. You need to pull away the whole panel on the left. It was kind of a bear, but took me an hour and change to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
im having this same issue with my T2. How do you test the sensors?
I heard of the click test but how do u actually do it?

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
730 Posts
I don’t know how to test without VCDS but my guess is that the sensors get damaged with stones from the road hitting them. I just carefully checked the part number and ordered a full set of sensors on eBay to eliminate the problem. Very easy to replace and and the bumper removal is also easy. My guess is a small chip or crack in the sensor lets in moisture when it rains or snows and then eventually fails.

So far I have not had to replace any rear sensors, but they could get easily damaged if you get or give a love tap when parking

·
Registered
146 Posts
im having this same issue with my T2. How do you test the sensors?
I heard of the click test but how do u actually do it?
Take a 4" piece of rubber fuel line, or something with a decent I.D. at least 1/4". Make sure at least one end is a flush cut. Take that end and cover the sensor. Stick the other end in you ear. You should hear clicking. Some more faint than the others. As long as you here clicking they are working, You need to have the car in Drive or Reverse (for the rear ones) Don't start the car just have it in the ACC position.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts