Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a touareg 04, radio was working fine. My battery die and got a new one since then the radio haven't been working. I got the nav on but no sound is coming out. try cd/ipod nothing no sound is coming out. I purchase a new amp thinking that was the problem still no sound i change all the fuses nothing can someone please help me Please..:(:(:(:(

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
You may need to recode the unit after replaced the battery.
I got a touareg 04, radio was working fine. My battery die and got a new one since then the radio haven't been working. I got the nav on but no sound is coming out. try cd/ipod nothing no sound is coming out. I purchase a new amp thinking that was the problem still no sound i change all the fuses nothing can someone please help me Please..:(:(:(:(

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I do not know, because I did not do this before.
But as I know, the original VW head unit has anti-theft function. Once you take out the unit and disconnect it from the battery or you replace the battery. It need recode before use it. The code should be written on the user manual of your vehicle. I think many people on this forums had done this.
@Allenwong how do I recode the unit ? Can you please tell me

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not know, because I did not do this before.
But as I know, the original VW head unit has anti-theft function. Once you take out the unit and disconnect it from the battery or you replace the battery. It need recode before use it. The code should be written on the user manual of your vehicle. I think many people on this forums had done this.
But my question is that . the radio turn on tho but no sound. i remove the fuse radio turn on and i see the screen to enter the code but disappear and prompt me to my screen and nothing work, i try to see if i can put the code real quick when i put the fuse back but nothing . not enough time for me to enter the code. :(

·
Registered
361 Posts
That was the thing that fixed mine! I did everything trying to fix it and almost ordered a new amp. So glad I tried that before buying a new used amp.
I think he's mostly interested to hear HOW you managed to recode it...I believe that I've seen somewhere on youtube that the code is on a label sticked behind the main unit... so you'll need to extract it out (with a set of special pins) and retrieve the code from there...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Locate the 30 Amp fuse for the amplifier and pull it for a full minute with the ignition in the on position. Then replace it. I had a battery die as well and this seemed to be the answer I found to work

·
Registered
710 Posts
Where is the amplifier for the sound system located? I ordered a new one but am not sure where the defective part is located. Can someone please help?

Rear passenger side of the hatch, above the rear passenger wheel.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm actually having the same problem right now on our 04 V10. After some testing it seems that the RNS2 isn't sending the CAN wakeup message to the amp to turn it on. If I do an output test on the amp to wake it up the system plays.

Is there a way to do a full reset / reboot on the RNS2 besides pulling the fuse? I left both batteries unhooked for an hour and it didn't make any change.

Looking at the SSP there are a number of things on the infotainment CAN with the radio and amp... the wiper motor and the Webasto heater. Both of those seem to be working normally. I can access all the control units with VCDS.

However, the CAN gateway has a fault for no communication with the radio.

Any suggestions?

-J

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
Not sure if this is the issue.

Many years ago we looked at the coding of the CD Nav radio through the VAGCOM. I seem to recall that if the coding weren't right, there would be no sound from the radio. From some old posts, here is the coding for the radio:

Here is what VAG-COM suggests for coding of module 56:
Touareg (7L) - Radio Coding
?xxxx - Radio configuration (coding is the sum)
+1 - TV-Tuner
+2 - levelling display/Off Road module
x?xxx - Radio configuration (coding is the sum)
+1 - IF-output
+2 - CAN telephone control
+3 - CAN multi-function steering wheel
xx?xx - Loudspeakers
0 - no passive loudspeakers
4 - 8 or 10 passive speakers / 4 speaker channels
xxx?x - sound system correction (coding is the sum)
+1 - sound system
+2 - T5-Multivan (USA/CAN)
+4 - Touareg/T5-Multivan (Rest of World)
+6 - Touareg (USA/CAN)
xxxx? - Radio configuration (coding is the sum)
+1 - remote supplied antenna
+2 - CD-changer
+4 - CAN-secondary display

·
Registered
196 Posts
I double checked the coding.... no go. I think there's something wrong with the headunit.

Since our truck has the digital amp is the only option another RNS2 CD? From what I've read the RNS2 DVD can't drive the digital amp, correct?

-J

1 - 14 of 14 Posts