Club Touareg Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
MY17 Touareg Wolfsburg
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
Ni
Just added a paddle shift wheel to my 7P after following the guide here: T3 Steering wheel paddle shifters

Used OBDELEVEN retrofit app to do the coding. All went well after a little extra time to release the airbag.
All works great.
Something odd though is the auto gear changes are much better, more aggressive and responsive without being edgy. Don’t know if the coding reset the gear shift learning or what but it’s great. It seems like the tourque converter unlocks now when in third and you floor it putting you in boost where as before it would just lug its way there.
Anyway thought I’d post for you guys incase any of that was of interest 😀
Nice work mate!
My wolfsburg has the paddle shifters, they are a nice feature making it quick and easy to flick it back a gear when you want/need, I bet you will be happy with them!

If you are noticing quite a change then I agree, it seems like a reset has occurred on the self learning adaptions somehow.

How much throttle do you need to apply before it's unlocking? Or is it only when you "floor it" , like you mentioned?

The TC controler has the benifit of applying or easing onto the converter stall as much as you desire. It makes it much more responsive and linear down low & mid range which is what I always wanted to address 🙂

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ni

Nice work mate!
My wolfsburg has the paddle shifters, they are nice feature making it quick and easy to flick it back a gear when you want/need, I bet you will be happy with them!

If you are noticing quite a change then I agree, it seems like a reset has occurred on the self learning adaptions somehow.

How much throttle do you need to apply before it's unlocking? Or is it only when you "floor it" , like you mentioned?

The TC controler has the benifit of applying or easing onto the converter stall as much as you desire. It makes it much more responsive and linear down low & mid range which is what I always wanted to address 🙂
How much throttle to unlock, not sure exactly just feels like a lot less. Maybe half throttle now?
Still keen for a controller when you have built them, I think it will be the cherry in the top.
I haven’t used sport since I did the paddle shift change though so that speaks volumes.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts