Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
516 Posts
This is some amazing work improve. I am blown away that you have the knowledge and skill to digest that and bypass it. I sure wish I could ride in your Touareg to feel the difference. I would probably be asking for one myself. Congrats on the accomplishment. I don’t like the RPM drop in 3rd either so this could be beneficial to other people. Maybe you should strike a production deal.

· Registered
516 Posts
Thanks Brobb :D, I can't see why I couldn't ever ship one to you.

The best thing I can do at the moment is let any of our fellow Perth Touareg owners see what it's like in my car to build some third party feedback, the difference really is night and day.
That sounds like a great idea. I am looking forward to hearing more about the feedback and the driveability differences. I find the Touareg very capable but sharpening up its ability to stay on the torque would be a great improvement. I am staying tuned.

· Registered
516 Posts
If you have a few minutes spare, video link below with the TC controller installed. Video making just isn't my thing :D

Great video. It definitely has more punch instantaneously in 3rd. That’s great for city driving. Seems to really get momentum going quickly. A guy here on this forum
Is working on a performance TCM tune.. I wonder if he will unlock the TC IN 3rd similar to yours.

· Registered
516 Posts
I did discuss that with him some time ago when I was first searching for a solution, his aiming to unlock that functionality in his performance TCM tune which should be great if he can do that :)
I'm not sure if he will have the ability to have some control in the change of the TC's logic, such as turning it off an on easily or if the lockup logic change is applied to all D, S and M mode. or just one mode. It's always good to have some flexibility but I'm sure that's on his radar too.

I needed a working solution as soon as possible since I had a real dislike for the way the Touareg drives with the current TC logic especially for any city/local driving, it wasn't as enjoyable as it should be. No issues on the road trips and long distant drives though!
I actually find the rest of the transmission map perfectly fine the way it is now, in saying that we did not have the "fix" like you guys and gals did in the US.
I am definitely curious to see what he comes up with. I think you guys have a similar brain that can understand and dissect the coding. Its impressive. Good work. I have the CNRB...How different do you think it will be than mine? I do have mine flashed back to stock transmission coding by Joe. Which is really pretty great other than the problem you are working on. A big asset to the community. Thank you.

· Registered
516 Posts
There will be some differences, since the CNRB uses the smaller GTB2056 size turbo so naturally you "should" have less lag compared to the 180kw CRCA engine that is in most of our Touareg's here.
If you happen to have VCDS, have someone monitor your torque converter status to see when it's open / slip or closed. (closed = locked), also vehicle speed and engine rpm to see when the TC generally locks up. If its happens early on in 3rd gear I have no doubt that you would prefer it not locking up at such low rpm's. The best and easiest way to TEST to see if this is something you would like is by disconnecting the N443 solenoid wiring temporarily to get a feel of how the car drives specifically around 3rd gear when the TC can no longer lock up.

You will get a transmission fault after a few key cycles / engine starts with the wiring disconnected (does not impact how the car drives after the fault occurs) so you will need to clear the P2757 fault code at some point with VCDS once you have reconnected the N443 solenoid wiring. It is easiest to disconnect the N443 solenoid wiring at the 8 pin connector on the RHS of the transmission which is pretty easy to get to.

That makes sense. I knew we had different turbos. I would love to try it to see how it feels. But not sure how confident I would be at disconnecting that wiring for the pin connector.I have struggled with those things in the past. I guess I just need to take a vacation to australia and come ride in yours. I wish i could move to australia!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts