Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of the Touareg have a Top Speed governor to limit the maximum spend on the US? Or other countries? I am curious if our 2009 TDI has one and if so what speed? We really don't drive it fast to know. We had a diesel Silverado that had one at 100mph Thanks! Bill

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
My 2008 V8 is limited to 130 MPH actual speed which is 135 MPH indicated on the speedo. The speed climbed steadily then stopped when the limiter kicked in. On a closed course btw.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do any of the Touareg have a Top Speed governor to limit the maximum spend on the US? Or other countries? I am curious if our 2009 TDI has one and if so what speed? We really don't drive it fast to know. We had a diesel Silverado that had one at 100mph Thanks! Bill
My US 07 v10 stops at 145. I was on a closed course as well.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Car and Driver says the 2014 Touareg TDI is governor limited to 125mph, and the 2014 Porsche Cayenne diesel is governor limited to 129 mph. When they tested a 2009 TDI, it did not have a governor, and topped out at 126 mph (drag limited). To the best of my knowledge, C&D is still the only mainstream car magazine out there that still tests top speed.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the detail here. I had not seen any information on this.

They held a close course event on a mountain road this past summer. I heard from some friends it was a well attended. I did not attend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts