Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 V6
49 Posts
His "issues" are mostly aimed at the early trucks, which were new to him and all VW techs, and a pain to figure out. By the time the T2 happened ('08) most of his "Touareg failures" were sorted. This video should really be re-titled as "Top Problems with first generation Touaregs," although it's not even very complete or specific or helpful about those at this point. (Especially now that high mileage timing belt engines blowing up are probably the biggest failures/expenses facing the prospective T1 buyer, while the "electrical problems" have long ago been dealt with.)

Most "non Treg" people, including Mr. Humble himself, tend to lump all Touaregs together, like "they're all the same." (They're not.) Stick to 08 and up, and you can pretty much ignore the video.

·
Registered
2017 VW Touareg Executive VR6
137 Posts
His "issues" are mostly aimed at the early trucks, which were new to him and all VW techs, and a pain to figure out. By the time the T2 happened ('08) most of his "Touareg failures" were sorted. This video should really be re-titled as "Top Problems with first generation Touaregs," although it's not even very complete or specific or helpful about those at this point. (Especially now that high mileage timing belt engines blowing up are probably the biggest failures/expenses facing the prospective T1 buyer, while the "electrical problems" have long ago been dealt with.)

Most "non Treg" people, including Mr. Humble himself, tend to lump all Touaregs together, like "they're all the same." (They're not.) Stick to 08 and up, and you can pretty much ignore the video.
Very True - Confusing video if there ever was one. I had to go back through the comments to finally see where he had clarified '2006 and earlier'
Turns out that Charles purchased a 2015 TDI Sport himself. Not sure if he still has it but nonetheless I was completely confused by this initially and was hesitant myself until I spent a few min going back through the video comments... The bigger takeaway for me at least was how technically complex these SUV's are and how much capabilities they have. Even less off-road focused on the newer generations like mine 2017.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.