Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the silly locking lug bolts with regular bolts and am wondering if there's a better tool to pull the bolt covers.

Anyone found a hand tool with a properly sized hook that works on the bolt covers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just replaced the silly locking lug bolts with regular bolts and am wondering if there's a better tool to pull the bolt covers.

Anyone found a hand tool with a properly sized hook that works on the bolt covers?

Thanks!
are you talking about your wheel bolts?
cheers Brent

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Yes, the "chrome" wheel bolt / wheel lug covers.

Never thought about it before but as arthritis takes hold in my hands, then pulling the covers off with one finger using the bent wire thingummy would now be bloody painful!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thought there was a hook in the tool kit to do that and the tow point covers

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
That's the tool we're talking about!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking for a better tool than the one in the boot, something with a decent handle. I also keep a complete tire changing kit in the garage -- floor jack, cordless impact wrench, torque sticks, etc., (mostly for autocross) and I like to have everything I need in that kit...so I don't have to start popping trunks, removing all the stuff SWMBO keeps in the trunk, etc. :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
i just use a snap on 90 degree o ring pick

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
510 Posts
yep second from the bottom

Reactions: lml999

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
When you pull on the cap, if only one side comes loose (the hook side), rotate the tool 180 degrees and pull again. The cap will pop right off.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts