Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Touareg, Wolfsburg
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We drive about 1000 miles round trip. We had a snow storm in the western hills of Pennsylvania for part of the trip. I enjoyed the trip. I had no leg issues I sometimes get in some cars on long trips. I guess I had good support.

General car observations

*I love the ACC. The snow storm put about an inch of ice on the front of my car. I had no idea where the ACC radar was located so the next day we drove with no ACC. I finally found them next to the fog lights.

*We had plenty of power to climb hills and pass people when needed. No complaints in that regard.

*We got between 20 and 21 mph. I was hoping for a little better, but we were in the hill for half the trip so I guess it makes sense.

*So my Wolfsburg edition comes with ACC, lane departure, heated steering wheel, blind sport monitoring, heated seats but it does not have memory seats!!! I can't believe it and am not happy we did not notice it when we drove the car. It is a huge deal for my wife to get the seat just right. She has back issues.

*Twice on the trip, while using ACC (not in the storm and with the radar cleared of ice) I got a "Press your Brake" message with a loud beep and a big red warning. Both times I pressed the brake, reset the ACC, and kept driving. It has not happened in the last 500 miles. I am not sure what is going on.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Hi cardboard
My opinion about your press the brake - it could be a reminder that when driving in inclement weather, to prevent brakes from not working due to ice/salt/sand wedging between the pad. Always a good idea to tap your brake every once in a while in inclement weather especially on highways. Mind you I say tap the brake meaning slight brake for a couple seconds to warm them up a tad - not put on brake come to a stop or anything like that. Nice your Treg has a reminder for that. You probably will not see that reminder when driving in town due to stops and starts. But on highways yep a reminder.
My Treg and I were just thru western PA on our cross country adventure to Boston MA 2-weeks ago. Pretty area for a drive.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Hi cardboard
My opinion about your press the brake - it could be a reminder that when driving in inclement weather, to prevent brakes from not working due to ice/salt/sand wedging between the pad. Always a good idea to tap your brake every once in a while in inclement weather especially on highways. Mind you I say tap the brake meaning slight brake for a couple seconds to warm them up a tad - not put on brake come to a stop or anything like that. Nice your Treg has a reminder for that. You probably will not see that reminder when driving in town due to stops and starts. But on highways yep a reminder.
My Treg and I were just thru western PA on our cross country adventure to Boston MA 2-weeks ago. Pretty area for a drive.
Not needed. Volkswagen automatically pulses the brakes when raining and snowing every so often to keep them clean. I forget the exact number, I think every 2 miles? That seems too often... But it's every so often anyhow.

OP glad you enjoyed the ride. I've been through plenty of mountains and hills with the Touareg and agree that it's the perfect ride.

Wolfsburg edition USED to mean fully loaded. Around 8 or 10 years ago they changed that trim package so that it no longer means "fully loaded" 🤦

·
Registered
2017 VW Touareg Executive VR6
65 Posts
It was just the ice blocking the sensors. It happens sometimes, no big deal.
Yes - this happened before on both my Mk7 Golf R and Audi A6 TDI except the message says 'ACC not available', not other messages... Have not experienced this yet on my treg..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts