Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,Ihave a problem with door lock on 09 v6 tdi.first problem was ..couldn't open rear d/s door from outside when vehicle was unlocked,could open using internal handle.Now same door won't lock with remote locking.
Any suggestions re fixing/parts & how to do etc.

Thanks.
Andrew Small.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Just checking that when you say unlocked, had it been driving and was the motor still running? If so, the default condition is all doors lock when going over 10 kph or so and stay that way unless unlocked from the inside. If that's not the case then how old is the car battery? If it is weak it can cause odd faults to appear. I assume there are no alerts on the MFD to say change key battery. John

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ,problem is intermittent,battery is near new,no error lights.
Problem is can't open r/r door with handle once unlocked via central locking,other 3 doors ok,or same door won't lock using cental locking.Problem alternates betweem these 2 situations.

Thanks.
Andrew

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
I know this sounds stupid, but, if this is a problem with the inside handle is there a chance you have activated the child lock switch on the drivers arm rest..... My apologies in advance if it sound like an insult, as I did this to myself once without thinking.

Stuart...

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
Have you checked all the fuses. I think each door controller has its own fuse, not at home at the moment and don't have access to ElsaWin to check. You should hear the door mech unlocking when you press the key button. If it is silent then , power would be my first suspect.

Stuart...

Reactions: THYFREC

·
Registered
756 Posts
Try doing a full factory reset on the MFD

Reactions: THYFREC
1 - 7 of 7 Posts